Problem With New Multifunction Printer

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 02:56 pm
I recently got a new HP Multifunction printer, and installed it a couple of days ago. Yesterday, I defragged the computer. When I turned the computer on today, I got a message that it had found new hardware. When I went to the control panel, I found that my new computer was marked "offline"

Long and short of it, I got it to work, after putting in my printer installation disk. I did not have to go through the entire installation though. On my control panel, there were two icons for the printer, and for the fax. I was able to delete the fax copy, but the printer copy won't delete.

Why did this happen? I had had the printer working for a few days. Could the defragging have been the culprit??? Confused
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 657 • Replies: 3
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 05:55 pm
Very possible; that's the reason I'll never buy a multi-tasking hardware, because when one thing goes bad, all the others....

Try going to Control Panel, Printers and Other Hardware, and see if your new equipment is the default printer. Good luck.
0 Replies

reedsea

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 07:27 pm
maybe something go wrong when you defragged the harddisk,you can try to uninstall the driver of the printer and install it again.

good luck!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 06:13 am
Seems to be working well now. I was just curious as to why it happened. I do remember though, that when I first installed it, it went to 96%, and then froze. I reinstalled it, and it worked. When I got the weird message, and put the disk back the disc drive, the installation was at 96%, and it took only a few minutes to finish.

The only thing that I can figure is that there are two sets of software for that printer installed on the computer.
0 Replies