Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2003 08:05 am
0 Replies

nextone

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2003 12:12 am
God, I love The Onion!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2003 02:04 pm
Ben Affleck was on Jay Leno night before last and I have to hand it to him -- he's good natured. He read some of the bad notices on the movie for laughs. Maybe a sequel is in order. "Gigli Meets Ishtar."
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2003 02:08 pm
A. O. Scott in The New York Times:

In ''Gigli,'' Ben Affleck is Larry Gigli, a mob enforcer with a vintage Chevy Impala convertible, a closet full of vintage-style rayon shirts and a threadbare, thirdhand wiseguy accent. (Though he is a Los Angeles native, Larry's accent sounds as if he had been raised in the part of New Jersey that's just outside Boston.) Before we go any further, however, we should clear up the question of how to pronounce Larry's surname, and the title of the picture, in which Mr. Affleck is joined by his real-life fiancée, Jennifer Lopez. In places -- especially the long denouement, set on a beach full of bikini-wearing extras -- it is certainly jiggly. And audiences, at inappropriate moments, will find themselves helplessly giggly. But Larry's name is pronounced ZHEE-lee, or as he likes to say, ''rhymes with really.''
As in really, really silly, which is the kindest way to describe this hopelessly misconceived exercise in celebrity self-worship, which opens to nationwide ridicule today. ''Gigli,'' directed by the historically competent Martin Brest (''Beverly Hills Cop,'' ''Midnight Run,'' ''Scent of a Woman''), may be a patchwork of ideas that have been put to better use in other movies -- a glob of ''Rain Man,'' a dash of ''Prizzi's Honor,'' a schmear of ''Chasing Amy'' -- but it has a special badness all its own. Shot in nondescript Los Angeles locations, including a generic apartment where much of the action takes place, the movie has a flat, featureless look more suitable to one of the low-budget, semiprofessional productions that Mr. Affleck helps sponsor through the ''Project Greenlight'' contest.
0 Replies

aimeemarie123

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 10:50 am
oh boy
I don't think that movie was that bad, i don't know if it was supposed to be a comedy but i found it quite funny. I like Jennifer lopez a lot, but ben afflack (I probably spelled it wrong) is an idiot, bad actor. Shocked
0 Replies