Deja Vu

lovejoy

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 05:17 pm
What a load of cobblers, I have the utmost respect for Denzel Washington but this flick is a right turkey
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 842 • Replies: 16
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 05:23 pm
Ok I'll bite, what would be a left turkey?
0 Replies

lovejoy

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 06:14 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Ok I'll bite, what would be a left turkey?

Watch it twice
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 09:02 pm
Laughing

Okay, I knew you meant gobblers, not cobblers, unless it's a turkey stuffed with apples.

I apologize -- I figure it's that great French claret going to your head.

I know I can send a PM to you but you may not be able to answer (didn't look up the latest rules on that).

I was just funning with you about a double post and some hilarious typos (the clap?) Sorry.

Just a suggestion:

It would be better to post something like "The Worst Movie You've Seen Yet in 2007" You could qualify that in the topic posting:

Keep it to 2007 theatrical releases even if you've seen it on DVD rather than the theater.

I don't know why I kept thinking you were in France, when, in fact, you are in England. So is it an English claret? At least it can't be "Lost In Translation."
0 Replies

lovejoy

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 01:35 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
Laughing

Okay, I knew you meant gobblers, not cobblers, unless it's a turkey stuffed with apples.

I apologize -- I figure it's that great French claret going to your head.

I know I can send a PM to you but you may not be able to answer (didn't look up the latest rules on that).

I was just funning with you about a double post and some hilarious typos (the clap?) Sorry.

Just a suggestion:

It would be better to post something like "The Worst Movie You've Seen Yet in 2007" You could qualify that in the topic posting:

Keep it to 2007 theatrical releases even if you've seen it on DVD rather than the theater.

I don't know why I kept thinking you were in France, when, in fact, you are in England. So is it an English claret? At least it can't be "Lost In Translation."

There is no need to be rude lightwizard but I will accept your ill mannered comments with good grace
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 01:38 pm
yeah Lightwizard, why you always so rude? You should follow me as a model of decorum. I get my shoes cobbled by the turkey at the cobbler shop.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 01:43 pm
I apologized for ribbing you in advance and you think that's rude? You're either twelve or ninety-six, I'm not sure which. There now, that was rude!
Very Happy

I still wouldn't want to see "Deja Vu" twice, because that would be --

Deja Vu
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 01:48 pm
dyslexia wrote:
yeah Lightwizard, why you always so rude? You should follow me as a model of decorum. I get my shoes cobbled by the turkey at the cobbler shop.

You're now sentenced to watch, on DVD, of course, since it's liable to be released in another week, "Evan Almighty" one hundred times.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 02:20 pm
It wasn't the best Denzel, but I can't quite categorize it as a dog.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 03:38 pm
Me either. I rather enjoyed it.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 04:46 pm
Aw, c'mon - you'd pay to watch Denzel mow the lawn, wouldn't ya?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 08:33 pm
Nope. He's never moved me like that. But I do appreciate him as an actor. His movies are usually very intelligent and cutting edge and that I do like.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 08:40 pm
Whoa. You like him for his art. Radical.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 08:41 pm
Well, you implied that I like him only for his looks and that simply isn't the case.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 08:44 pm
Yup. I got it.

And I appreciate what you're saying - I think Denzel is a remarkable actor. But just for the record it's not a stretch to imagine that women watch him for less cerebral reasons, so no need to be too offended.
0 Replies

YellowRosebud

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2007 01:47 pm
I like Denzel and think he's a great actor. I haven't seen Deja Vu but I'd like to. It's on my netflix list. I've heard good things.
0 Replies

Quincy

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 12:52 pm
Meh, it wasn't so fantastic imo, but it was pretty good. 7/10
0 Replies