Help needed on Marlboro contest question II

unclelarry

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 12:17 pm
I think that a lot of people have misconceptions from what they have seen on TV or in the movies. It's a lot more dramatic to see the captain spinning a huge wheel than it is to see him tell someone to punch a couple of buttons. Smile
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 12:31 pm
On Norwegian I won a live trivia question contest from my cabin. Have you ever heard of something like that? I actually was speechless at first and then screamed and jumped up and down when they said I was right.
It was live on the phone (if you were in your cabin), live right then coming from one of the lounges (you could hear it from the TV monitor in the cabin also) if you were in your cabin. The couple we went with were in the lounge (I did not know that). They told me afterwords that by the way I acted (people in the lounge could hear by speakers) they just knew it was me. The people in the lounge could participate and win too.

I also won a trivia question in Vegas in a restaurant.

I also won a trivia contest at the races here. It was mostly guys so when I raised my hand and said I could do it, they laughed. They actually said over the microphone "a girl". Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes They weren't laughing when I won and put my hand out for them to give me what I won. I was laughing inside. They looked like a bunch of deer in headlights. A girl actually beat them. Hmpf showed them.

This last cruise I noticed they were having a trivia question contest in one of the lounges. So, I escaped and went there just to look. I sat by myself but near a group of 4 people. I knew the questions they were asking so when I heard these people saying they had no idea what to write down I told them I knew the answer. So, they asked me to stay and help so I did for awhile. It was not cheating because it was done in teams. I was just not listed on paper as part of their team. When I went to leave I said good luck and they asked me to stay and even tried to bribe me by buying a drink for me but, I said no thank you. I do not know if they won or not. Question
0 Replies

unclelarry

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 12:31 pm
Sad

There! I thought I'd pull a Toots and start the next page. Laughing
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 12:33 pm
I beat you. Laughing Laughing Look up ^
0 Replies

unclelarry

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 12:44 pm
We usually do pretty good on the trivia contests too. When we were on the Alaskan cruise, we met 2 other couples and kicked some serious butt. I think we won 4 times.
0 Replies

unclelarry

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 12:45 pm
tryingtohelp wrote:
I beat you. Laughing Laughing Look up ^

I must be getting sloooooooow in my old age. Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 12:51 pm
unclelarry wrote:
We usually do pretty good on the trivia contests too. When we were on the Alaskan cruise, we met 2 other couples and kicked some serious butt. I think we won 4 times.

They did not have any when I took it or if they did I did not notice.
What did you win?
0 Replies

unclelarry

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 12:56 pm
tryingtohelp wrote:
unclelarry wrote:

They did not have any when I took it or if they did I did not notice.
What did you win?

Nothing great, the usual t-shirts, baseball caps, some free drinks and the undieing admiration of the other contestants. Laughing Laughing Laughing :wink:
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 01:05 pm
Your cabin is midway in the ship? You sissy. The fun part is the front or back. It moves more there. Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 01:07 pm
I got a shirt and a picture of the ship in their picture frame. The picture is nice. The shirt is like a 3xxxllllll that is probably why I won it. 50 people can wear it.
0 Replies

unclelarry

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 01:51 pm
tryingtohelp wrote:
Your cabin is midway in the ship? You sissy. The fun part is the front or back. It moves more there. Laughing Laughing

The deck we are on is supposed to be mid way up in height. The cabin I would really like would be at the back of the ship.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 02:05 pm
Oh I did not know if you knew nautical terms so I was trying not to use them. Most people do not. It sounds like you picked the right place and the option to the upgrade. People would be surprised at just how much they could learn in researching. Are you doing both formal nights?

Also, the ship I was on in Alaska had just returned and it was on the following voyage (same ship - same day it pulled in and we got off and it went back out) where something went wrong with the computer system for the steering and the ship took a sharp turn. I can't remember the exact degree but hard enough that most of the dishes in the kitchen fell and broke, the items in the shops fell off, and the swimming pool dumped it's water. People were injured so they had to go to Victoria to get them to the hospital. No one serious that I know. I would have loved to have been on that one. It actually would have been fun. Just because I do not think anything with the steering could make a large cruise ship actually tip to it's side all the way. I think it was a rudder problem but I can't remember.
0 Replies

unclelarry

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 02:14 pm
tryingtohelp wrote:
Oh I did not know if you knew nautical terms so I was trying not to use them. Most people do not. It sounds like you picked the right place and the option to the upgrade. People would be surprised at just how much they could learn in researching. Are you doing both formal nights?

Also, the ship I was on in Alaska had just returned and it was on the following voyage (same ship - same day it pulled in and we got off and it went back out) where something went wrong with the computer system for the steering and the ship took a sharp turn. I can't remember the exact degree but hard enough that most of the dishes in the kitchen fell and broke, the items in the shops fell off, and the swimming pool dumped it's water. People were injured so they had to go to Victoria to get them to the hospital. No one serious that I know. I would have loved to have been on that one. It actually would have been fun. Just because I do not think anything with the steering could make a large cruise ship actually tip to it's side all the way. I think it was a rudder problem but I can't remember.

There was just a similar accident recently. I think it was a new ship on its first cruise.
0 Replies

unclelarry

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 02:22 pm
TTH, it's time to head for home ( we finish at 3:00 PM on Fridays). I'll check in with you later. Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

unclelarry

Reply Sat 24 Feb, 2007 09:54 am
Good morning everyone. Just dropping in to say hi, hope everyone has a great weekend. Catch ya later.
0 Replies

coondog

Reply Sat 24 Feb, 2007 10:08 am
All good on this end...
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sat 24 Feb, 2007 02:45 pm
I am fine so have a nice weekend.
0 Replies

bigredsshop

Reply Sat 24 Feb, 2007 11:06 pm
Say isn't this where we Started a new thread before? Must be getting close. TTH how are you hun? Where in the hell is Horse at and Mama? Where is the old crowd at that used to hang out here. Crying or Very sad Razz
0 Replies

bigredsshop

Reply Sat 24 Feb, 2007 11:08 pm
oh Monty oh Monty where are you ?? Laughing
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2007 06:40 am
bigredsshop wrote:
Say isn't this where we Started a new thread before? Must be getting close. TTH how are you hun? Where in the hell is Horse at and Mama? Where is the old crowd at that used to hang out here. Crying or Very sad Razz

Thanks for the reminder. New topic here: http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=91965
0 Replies