I have a question about my IQ

thomthom

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2005 09:21 pm
IQ
Dear "Kid"

The average for IQ's in the general population is 100; over 130 is superior.

However, it is more complicated that just the numbers, and IQ's need to be interpreted by trained professionals. Did you take a formal IQ test administered by a professional, or did you take a test from a magazine, internet, etc.? If any of the latter, please don't take it too seriously. If the former, the person administering the test should explain it to you in language you can understand.

All the best,

Tom Negron, Ph.D.
Clinical Psychologist
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 06:19 pm
Læknir Scrat wrote:
Wait wait wait.

The site says George W. Bush has an IQ of 125.
It MUST be a hoax.

HAHAHAHAHA - now that is one of the most truthful, fact filled comment I have read. What IQ are you, Laeknir? Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Nietzsche

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 07:42 pm
I think Bush having an IQ of 125 is well within reason. It might even be higher. We have to keep in mind that our standards for a president's intellect is bit higher than for standard society.

That is, dude next door has an IQ of 125, you wouldn't think twice so long as he could have a decent conversation. Someone says Bush's IQ is 125, and you're doubtful. That seems odd to me. For God's sake, he's the leader of the USA. Doesn't make him a genius, but c'mon - guy's a lot smarter than Jane Doe 100 IQ, whether you agree with his politics or not.
0 Replies

GeneralTsao

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 02:09 pm
I lost faith in IQ tests when I found an error on one.

I had been marked incorrect on one particular question; this was one of those questions where you are shown four different diagrams, and are to find the similarity between them or something.

When I questioned being marked wrong, I looked at the question again and I found the Official answer to be correct--as was mine. IOW, there were two correct answers.

Someone with an IQ less than mine must have written the exam.
ROR
0 Replies

chiczaira

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 04:48 pm
I believe that an IQ of 125 puts a person in a standard deviation above the average SD-(90-110).

Some researchers like Gardner have touted IQ's with a multiplicty of bases( unlike standard IQ's verbal and non-verbal) but most experts in the field agree that if you do very well on IQ tests, you have a good G which correlates with ability in a large range of verbal and non verbal areas.
0 Replies

tokyoman

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 10:56 am
Well i dont know the average for a 5th grader, but i can tell you that my friends brother, who is in 10th grade, has an IQ of 120 Very Happy . The average for someone ( i have no clue the age group) is about 90. So i would say you're way above average. Laughing
0 Replies

Cheeki-Bri

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2005 11:37 pm
who cares??? kiddin i have no idea
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 04:58 am
old topic i know, but someone mentioned Genome by Ridley. in his discussion of Chromosome 6, he mentions the *Flynn effect*, which is the finding that IQ scores worldwide have been steadily climbing for many decades. judging by the course of world events, one would suspect the opposite. it's just another reason, besides W's IQ of 125, to question the validity of IQ.
0 Replies

Cheeki-Bri

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 08:58 pm
i did an ig test and i think that they are pretty good these days even if they are over the internet.... the one i took got timed and after 10 minutes or whateva the time was they calculated your score+time+age= perfect calculation....... i got a 107.... and that is afta calculating ma age....
0 Replies

Einherjar

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2005 10:32 am
yitwail wrote:
old topic i know, but someone mentioned Genome by Ridley. in his discussion of Chromosome 6, he mentions the *Flynn effect*, which is the finding that IQ scores worldwide have been steadily climbing for many decades. judging by the course of world events, one would suspect the opposite. it's just another reason, besides W's IQ of 125, to question the validity of IQ.

Nah, it's just another account of grade inflation.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2005 11:28 am
Einherjar wrote:
yitwail wrote:

that's interesting, critics of IQ usually claim that tests are culturally biased, or don't measure what they claim to measure, but you're implying that they're subjectively graded.
0 Replies

CoolJoe

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2005 11:35 am
IQ of 157
Dude did you just take an on-line IQ TEST ? Forget about it then...
The results are all made to boost the test-takers confidence and grab their attention into subscribing to the PAID memberships and stuff.
They all basically say you are some sort of genius,have very unique intellingence and bullshit like that, when they provide you with the FREE results.Then they'll try to scam into ordering a COMPLETE REVIEW for some extra cost.
PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THIS ONCE AND FOR ALL: If you are doing a test supposed to test your IQ, SHOULD YOU BE ALLOWED TO GOOGLE YOUR ANSWERS ?!? (LMAO) OR USE A CALCULATOR ? OR HAVE NO TIME LIMIT ?!? I MEAN COME ON !! And what amazes me even more is the amount of loser nerds all over the Internet making these personnal webpages just to bragg and boast on how well they scored...what a damn waste of time and evident lack of sex life... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

CoolJoe

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2005 11:43 am
Re: I have a question about my IQ
the kid wrote:
I realize this might be under the wrong topic, but I am 11, in the 5th grade, and want to know something about my IQ. I have an IQ of 157, is this good or bad? what is the average IQ of an 11 year old in 5th grade? Question
Go to www.mensa.org to confirm your true IQ son,I'm sure it won't be much higher than 110... Take it easy little man and read my post carefully to understand why. Chill.
0 Replies

Einherjar

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2005 04:50 am
yitwail wrote:
Einherjar wrote:
yitwail wrote:

that's interesting, critics of IQ usually claim that tests are culturally biased, or don't measure what they claim to measure, but you're implying that they're subjectively graded.

Not quite, I'm saying they're not properly calibrated. They're supposed to be calibrated to average a score of 100. Also the standard deviation seems to have increased, but I'm not sure what it was supposed to be.

Edit: the other guy said it better. (two posts up)
0 Replies

awesome4872

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2013 07:52 pm
@the kid,
i am also in 5th grade and 11 and i got a 162 on my iq test.
0 Replies

Fun Came

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 03:37 pm
@the kid,
That is a really good score...
top 0.2% of the world Get over 140.

Im 11 and in %th grade and mine is 142 so way to go!!!
0 Replies

Fun Came

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 03:38 pm
@the kid,
The Average is about 110
0 Replies

techy636cotton

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2015 08:51 pm
@the kid,
your I.Q is terrific! the highest I.Q level that has ever been scored is 103, the average is 109
0 Replies

The Genius

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2015 01:24 pm
@the kid,
I'm 11 and in full time gifted classes, my IQ is 194, that is considered genius. Therefore your IQ can't be very bad at all, maybe average. Where infact did you take the test, if online is most likley not accurate, I personally took it from the board of education so it is infact correct (by most standards).
Overall, your IQ is decent; not good nor bad.
Thank you.
djjd62

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2015 03:20 pm
@The Genius,
The Genius wrote:
Where infact did you take the test, if online is most likley not accurate, I personally took it from the board of education so it is infact correct

gee, you'd expect a genius to know that "infact" is, in fact, two separate words
0 Replies