I have a question about my IQ

the kid

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 06:35 pm
I realize this might be under the wrong topic, but I am 11, in the 5th grade, and want to know something about my IQ. I have an IQ of 157, is this good or bad? what is the average IQ of an 11 year old in 5th grade? Question
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 22,176 • Replies: 40
No top replies

the kid

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 06:37 pm
please help?
0 Replies

the kid

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 06:38 pm
ok... well, bye, i'll be starting another topic, different title.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 07:32 pm
you waited 3 minutes before giving up....you need a bit more patience.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 02:24 am
First of all, kid...how do you know what your IQ is? Did you recently take a standardized IQ test? And if you did take one and were told that you scored 157, didn't anyone explain to you what the results meant?
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 04:27 am
Quote:
you waited 3 minutes before giving up....you need a bit more patience.
minutes go by realllllllllll slowwwwwwwwwwwww when you're 11...
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 05:51 am
the kid- Welcome to A2K! Very Happy

IQ does not change much over time. If you have taken a standardized test, and have received a score of 157, you are very bright indeed, young man. You have to slow down though, so that you may use those brains of yours to good advantage.

http://www.wilderdom.com/intelligence/IQWhatScoresMean.html
0 Replies

PoeticMisterE

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 09:22 pm
How do you know it was 157? If you took it on the internet, it usually isn't really right. I know that an average person has about 90 iq higher then 110 is your above average. If it's above 130's Your a genius.... I don't believe in genius. Search on google... what does iq mean?
0 Replies

Heliotrope

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2005 02:12 am
150 or above is officially classified as the genius level.
100 is the average.
90 is subnormal.
0 Replies

J-B

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2005 02:25 am
I don't quite believe in IQ.
It seems a nonsense.

Sorry for the rudeness, but it is really what I think.
0 Replies

Heliotrope

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2005 02:48 am
It is indeed a poor measure of a person's overall intellect but it does give you a reasonable guide to an individual's reasoning capability.
There's nothing to believe or not-believe in.
0 Replies

Nietzsche

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2005 02:50 am
The notion a pencil and some questions can calculate the totality of an individual's intelligence is absurd, and that's what we're supposed to make of IQ.
0 Replies

J-B

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2005 03:07 am
Sorry, I didn't ignore IQ's ability to "give me a reasonable guide to an individual's reasoning capability".

I just couldn't bear the concept of regarding a person by his IQ. Someone really holds this concept.
0 Replies

Odile

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 03:10 pm
100 is an average IQ for all people regardless of age. An IQ of 157 would be in the superior category.
0 Replies

Laeknir Scrat

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 12:23 pm
If the test is an official standarized IQ test and you didn't press your luck in many answers, it means that your reasoning intelligence, at eleven, is slightly above the reasoning intelligence of an average adult.
It means that you have enormous potential.

But IQ isn't everything.
AT 157, you are at the same range as Sharon Stone (you know, the villain woman in Catwoman), but much higher than Abraham Lincoln, who had 128, according to this site: http://www.aceviper.net/aceviper_net/ace_intelligence/aceviper_famous_people_iq_list/aceviper_famous_people_iq_list.html

As you see, with the intelligence we are given we can do a lot... or very little.
0 Replies

Laeknir Scrat

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 12:28 pm
Wait wait wait.

The site says George W. Bush has an IQ of 125.
It MUST be a hoax.
0 Replies

Odd Socks

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 09:35 pm
For people under 18, an IQ score is derived by dividing your actual score by the average score at your age and multiplying it by 100 . A ten year old who gets the average score of a 16 year old would get a score of 160, for example.

If it wasn't a standardised test, consider it a compliment but don't pay any serious attention to it. . If it was a real test ( and you are bored out of your mind in school), you might consider applying pressure to your parents and school to put you into gifted education.

I don't think iq tests are very accurate, and i think they have extremely strong cultural biases. They are still used (quite often) to discriminate against poor and ethnic children.

The computer told me i was a universal genius a while back, hehehehehe. It must have been using the same programme that measured Dubya's IQ.
0 Replies

Odd Socks

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 09:37 pm
For people under 18, an IQ score is derived by dividing your actual score by the average score at your age and multiplying it by 100 . A ten year old who gets the average score of a 16 year old would get a score of 160, for example.

If it wasn't a standardised test, consider it a compliment but don't pay any serious attention to it. . If it was a real test ( and you are bored out of your mind in school), you might consider applying pressure to your parents and school to put you into gifted education.

I don't think iq tests are very accurate, and i think they have extremely strong cultural biases. They are still used (quite often) to discriminate against poor and ethnic children.

The computer told me i was a universal genius a while back, hehehehehe. It must have been using the same programme that measured Dubya's IQ.
0 Replies

chiczaira

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2005 02:02 pm
Those who dont believe in the concept of the IQ should read the excellent book- Genome by Matt Ridley subtitled the autobiography of a species in 23 chapters.

Ridley says:"The hereitablity of IQ is a hypothesis that has been tested out on two sets of people: twins and adoptees. The results, however you look at them, are startling. No study of the causes of intelligence has failed to find a suhbstantial heritablity."

The young man who said he had an IQ of 157 should check with his parents. If both of them have high IQ's it is probably true that his is also high--but 157 is very very good--somewhere in the third standard deviation above the mean.
0 Replies

Foolhardysage

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2005 07:25 pm
157 is in the near genius range. However, I question the veracity of your claim for this reason. If you obtained this information from an online "IQ test, the results are invalid. A true IQ test (such as Weschler, etc.) is administered by a professional. If this were true, you would already understand the meaning of your score, and would not be blogging for an answer...
0 Replies