Global Warming...New Report...and it ain't happy news

Ionus

Reply Sun 3 May, 2015 09:30 pm
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/df/ClimateMap_World.png

This is a map of the different CLIMATES around the world . That's right, no one even spoke of a Global Climate till the GW Thuggees came along . Suddenly it was all mashed together . The problem with that is it actually works against proving GW . If the idiots had any brains they would be monitoring each climate on its own merits, not this one world one climate bullshit . Everyone sing " We Are The World"... Greenies love that stuff .

Note the area marked non-permanent ice....the area that gets them all hot and bothered when they think they have proven it is not permanent .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sun 3 May, 2015 09:53 pm
Has a government anywhere stopped development of the coastline ? You know, to avoid moving everyone when the sea level rises from all that melting ice .
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 4 May, 2015 11:33 am
@Ionus,
The problem you seem to have Ionus is that you want to insist that each part on it's own can't prove anything. The issue you want to avoid is that when all of them are put together and they all say the same thing then there is little argument against them because they clearly all show the same pattern.

You discount thermometers when several other proxies show the same thing, bird migrations, ice out on bodies of water, etc.
roger

Reply Mon 4 May, 2015 02:46 pm
@parados,
Not to mention pine bark beetles. Our winters used to be cold enough and long enough that the larva were killed over winter. No more. I took a drive up Sandia Crest last summer and the damage was nothing less than depressing. Some trees were dead, and most had sections of nothing but dead, reddish pine needles. I won't be going back.
Olivier5

Reply Mon 4 May, 2015 03:15 pm
@hawkeye10,
Many people listen because they have kids and grand kids, and they worry about the lives their kids and grand kids will have.

It's easy NOT to care, après moi le déluge... but it doesn't make you a smart ass.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 4 May, 2015 03:35 pm
@roger,
Have you ever asked yourself why the forest dept has been stopped from clearing dead tree's from these area's?
Ionus

Reply Mon 4 May, 2015 08:28 pm
@parados,
I dont discount thermometers . I want people to recognise when they started .

I also want people to realise that if there are alternate reasons for each individual cited proof of GW then you have nothing . I bet we could cherry pick data to prove you are some heinous beast, say a child molester, by selecting what suggests it and ignoring what doesnt . I hasten to add that in no way do I believe you are, and if you suggest a different example I will go with that .

All of those things that GW Thuggees select have alternate possibilities .
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 4 May, 2015 10:59 pm
@Baldimo,
I haven't asked myself, probably because I was pretty sure I wouldn't know the answer.

You're probably thinking of removing the source of further infection. Again, I'm probably the wrong person to be asking.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 4 May, 2015 11:44 pm
@roger,
Quote:
Not to mention pine bark beetles.
Allright, then...we wont . Why do you think they are due to GW ?

http://cals.arizona.edu/extension/fh/bb_faq.html#3
Quote:
3. What caused the current bark beetle outbreak?
The current level of bark beetle mortality has resulted from a combination of natural factors including, but not limited to: drought, dense forest stands, shallow/rocky soils, and relatively large quantities of bark beetles. Human activities such as fire suppression, past forest management practices, past grazing practices, and ongoing urbanization also have also contributed to current conditions. These factors all influence the amount of water, light, and nutrients available to individual trees in the forest. Trees not receiving enough of these resources become stressed. Bark beetles can detect stressed, susceptible trees and they respond by colonizing it and effectively removing it from the population. This inadvertently makes a larger quantity of resources available for the surviving trees, shrubs, and herbaceous plants.
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 08:58 am
Perhaps the CG Deniers should move to these Republics to keep the CG Thugees honest.

6 island nations threatened by climate change

www.mnn.com/earth-matters/climate-weather/photos/6-island-nations-threatened-by-climate-change/rising-anxiety

Rap
Baldimo

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 09:04 am
@raprap,
The article and picture book was long on guessing but short on facts, as is the norm for the climate groups. Have any of those islands actually had rise in the water levels? I'm thinking that they haven't or it would have been mentioned in the article.
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 09:15 am

Rap
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 09:16 am
@raprap,
That is some of the most biased reporting these Thuggees have done yet . One picture shows a tourist house built over the ocean, these are very common on the islands, tourists love them . Are we to believe it shows a rising water level ? Hardly scientific is it .

Most coral islands are in danger of going underwater from storm surge . It is the volcanic islands that have mountains . There is no rush from other island people to take in those on coral islands because the inhabitants want to go to a rich country . They are a lazy people and would have difficulty in the first world so I dont know what the answer is, but GW is NOT a problem .
RABEL222

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 01:26 pm
@Ionus,
I have a lot of trouble replying to your posts because most people on this site are human. But I cant rap my mind around you being a human being, so I guess I'll accept Izzys description of you as a cockroach and will refer to you as such when I decide to answer your posts which wont be very often. Have a great day cockroach.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 06:36 pm
http://mashable.com/2014/12/04/kiribati-last-generation/

Quote:
The Last Generation
Rising sea levels are forcing people to leave this island nation

“We are water people,” Rupee’s grandmother says, explaining that her family had lived near the coast for more than two generations. It gave her family privacy and allowed them to escape the crowds and problems associated with living further inland.

In recent years, however, King Tides – as islanders refer to periodic, extremely high tides – have become much more frequent, turning Eita’s low-lying residential areas into an ever-expanding swamp.

Several years ago, the seawater finally swelled above the coast’s shallow banks of Rupee’s home. The high tides swept through the grounds of their property, reducing it to a lagoon-side islet.

A few hours previously, we’d walked through these parts. At the time, it looked like a dry moonscape. Now it was filled with several feet of seawater.
Frontline communities like Eita exist across all of Kiribati’s 33 islands and atolls (coral islands). Most communities suffer from coastal erosion, but many also face the threat of saltwater contamination of their fresh water supply.

“No community has escaped the impacts of climate change,” says Andrew Teem, the Senior Advisor on Climate Change to the Kiribati national government. Teem has the challenging job of risk assessment in a nation surrounded by water and only a few meters above sea-level.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 7 May, 2015 12:11 am
Quote:
In a telling moment at the Milken Conference last week, Apollo’s Josh Harris told an audience that as an investor, he considered renewable energy sources like wind and solar “generally not economic,” while acknowledging that embracing such technologies might be important for the nation. John Raymond, CEO of Energy & Minerals Group, noted that solar and wind, centerpieces of Mr. Obama’s campaign, still require heavy subsidies.

Harris, sounding like a hedgie, described renewables as mere “noise,” concluding they would not move the needle on oil or gas prices any time soon. Rather than putting money behind such uneconomic energy sources, he suggested investing in technologies that might eventually lower their cost and make them competitive.

Simultaneously, down the hall, Tony Blair was making an impassioned pitch for renewables, calling climate change the challenge of our lifetime.

This is the ultimate challenge for policymakers – reining in carbon emissions in a world where sustainable energy resources remain for the most part uncompetitive. Combatting climate change without compromising growth and job creation—something Europe has notably failed to do. Tony Blair, President Obama and others wax eloquent on slowing climate change, but are mute on the costs. For good reason.

Related: America’s Energy Infrastructure in Desperate Shape

Many Americans remain unaware that a stunning geopolitical shift is taking place today. For decades, the United States has been the world’s biggest consumer of oil, and Saudi Arabia has been the biggest producer. Our adventures and alliances in the Middle East have been firmly pinned to that reality. Now, that enduring fact of life has been turned on its head.

Today, against all expectations, the United States has overtaken the Saudis as the number one global producer of oil. Combined with rising output from Mexico and Canada, North America stands to become the dominant energy region in the world. It is a shocking transformation, and one which promises huge advantages to the U.S. China may have cheap labor, but we have cheap power.

Unless we give it away.

That’s what President Obama would like us to do; he wants the U.S. to adopt the policies of Tony Blair and other European leaders who have saddled their economies with huge tax subsidies for high-cost, low-carbon fuel and adoption of onerous efficiency measures

- See more at: http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Columns/2015/05/06/US-Will-Pay-Dearly-Obama-s-Anti-Carbon-Crusade#sthash.TJT797o1.dpuf

Right or wrong that is the situation. And it is about as dumb as is Germany tearing apart there nuclear plants. There is a better argument for removing coal from our system, though when the rest of the world burns as much coal as they do maybe it is not a lot better.

BTW: I was reading that on peak sun days spot electric prices in Germany go negative for a few hours at a time. This is bizarre, they actually pay people to drain power off of the grid.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 7 May, 2015 01:04 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
BTW: I was reading that on peak sun days spot electric prices in Germany go negative for a few hours at a time. This is bizarre, they actually pay people to drain power off of the grid.
We got negative electricity prices since quite some time, at least since 2011. (Mainly on weekends and/or public holidays with stormy weather.)
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 7 May, 2015 01:04 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
We got negative electricity prices since quite some time, at least since 2009. (Mainly on weekends and/or public holidays with stormy weather.)
parados

Reply Thu 7 May, 2015 10:22 am
@Walter Hinteler,
It might be time for Germany to invest in the new batteries from Tesla so they can store the energy. In 5 years they could have some of the lowest electric prices in the world and the majority from renewable sources. But I am sure hawkeye will still be here to tell us it isn't financially viable.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 7 May, 2015 11:03 am
@parados,
The cost of the German program to get rid of nuclear plants is already approaching $1 trillion Euros, plus the grid is becoming increasingly unstable and industry is being ordered to shut down production on almost no notice which is included in the costs because the Germans need to compensate these companies....how much more are battery systems going to add to the bill?