World in 2010

stford

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 06:18 pm
Hi everybody! i want to know your ideas about how world will look like in 2010, i mean in the sense of world affairs, technology,business and etc.The fast growing technoligies and human related problems can bring many changes in couple years ,so leave your ideas.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 860 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Odd Socks

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 06:39 pm
I see a speech process assessment program (for speechies) which wasn't created in 1983.

Also, I see flying squirrels.
0 Replies

Odd Socks

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 06:39 pm
OH, yes, flying squirrels already exist . Ah, well.
0 Replies

Odd Socks

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 06:40 pm
What i was really saying, was that I see a tremendous amount of acid in the near future.
0 Replies

Odd Socks

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 06:42 pm
Don't Americans call sugar gliders and other flying marsupials " flying squirrels", or is that another animal?

ALso, I've always wanted a pet thylacine. I wonder if they could do that. Naturally, I'd have to pick it up for AU$15 at the local pet store. I'm not paying hundreds of thousands of dollars for a genetically modified beastie,
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 06:42 pm
stford -- if I had the least notion of what the answers to those questions might be, I'd be calling up a stock-broker right now and making plans for one to do with my first billion dollars. The point is that no one knows what the future might, or might not, hold.
0 Replies

Odd Socks

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 06:45 pm
Yes, you can. It definitely holds death, and most probably holds piss ups. Much like the one I'll be going to tonight, once all my exams are over.
0 Replies

Odd Socks

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 07:00 pm
What year did Marty McFly visit his( future) family?I feel like I'm living in a corny science fiction movie.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 07:25 pm
the future is a horrible miserable failure, when i was a kid i found all these popular mechanic magazines in the attic of my grandparents house, they were all from the 50's, they were full of articles about the future (the 80's), and how we would all be flying in rocket cars and all the farms would be automated and robots would do all the work and we would just have fun all the time and life would be really good

bullsh*t, i want my flying car
0 Replies

Odd Socks

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 07:28 pm
and I want my pet thylacine. NOW!

holding my breath ............

turning blue..........

fainting from insufficient oxygen............

too unconscious to hold breath and having it returned.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 07:28 pm
The future was the Jetsons (who had no internet or cell phones and a stay-at-home mom).
But 2010 is only around the corner (if I live in Europe by that time, I hope it's for the right reasons).
0 Replies

Odd Socks

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 07:31 pm
who would consider " escaping murder and drug charges" to be the wrong reason? Smile
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 09:14 pm
how different are things now from the way they were in 1998?

lets see... reality tv, cell phones that take photos & send instant messages, more wireless gadgets, faster computers.

then we have the negative stuff -- 9/11, the patriot act, racial profiling, increased censorship.

i suspect it'll be about the same amount by 2010 -- a few things, but nothing major...

edit
didn't mean to imply that 9/11, the patriot act, racial profiling and increased censorship aren't major events -- they are...
0 Replies

stford

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 12:15 pm
Merry Andrew wrote:
stford -- if I had the least notion of what the answers to those questions might be, I'd be calling up a stock-broker right now and making plans for one to do with my first billion dollars. The point is that no one knows what the future might, or might not, hold.

That's right no one knows what future can bring but you can imagine things,or predict .What kind of computers,phones people will be using ? Will there be any changes on internet? and etc.
0 Replies