Mr.Lightwizard

Don1

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2004 01:03 pm
I've been looking at your posts and they seem to be rather more than the ordinary comments of film lovers, would I be correct in thinking that you are a film critic for a living?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,677 • Replies: 21
No top replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2004 01:06 pm
A quick view at LW's Profile will give you the answer :wink:
0 Replies

Don1

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2004 01:46 pm
My instinct seems to have been right thanks Walter Very Happy

"I love it when a plan comes together"
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2004 08:47 pm
I am not currently reviewing films for any publication but was contributing to the Saturday Review before it became extinct. I've only given a brief profile of my connection to Hollywood and refrain from getting into too much detail as this forum is informal and for enjoyment as much as it is for information. If you want to privately correspond the PM feature (a link at the top of this page) is now working.
0 Replies

Don1

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 12:06 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
I am not currently reviewing films for any publication but was contributing to the Saturday Review before it became extinct. I've only given a brief profile of my connection to Hollywood and refrain from getting into too much detail as this forum is informal and for enjoyment as much as it is for information. If you want to privately correspond the PM feature (a link at the top of this page) is now working.

I would have loved to have talked to you lightwizard, but forum rules prevent me from contacting you via P.M. Ah well.........
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 12:07 pm
It does work the other way, if the Vizier is so inclined.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 01:11 pm
There are no rules re contacting someone via PM about anything including solicitations. Er...I meant salutations. I'm tied up with Thanksgiving family stuff starting in a few minutes but after the debacle is over... Very Happy
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 01:16 pm
Lightwizardd, I loved the Saturday Review. I did not know until Walter linked your profile that you had contributed to it.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 01:21 pm
It folded eight months after I began to contribute...perhaps I'm a jinx?
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 01:25 pm
I doubt it. More likely you were a last ditch attempt to keep it afloat.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 01:41 pm
LW - I found out yesterday that people who are new posters (not sure of the exact definition) cannot send PM's. They can however respond to PM's sent to them by, hmmmmmm, what was the term for those who've already yakked a lot.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 02:01 pm
As a child, the Saturday Review was a staple in our house
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 02:06 pm
As a college student (both undergraduate and graduate) I considered it required reading. The problem from their (and Lightwizard's) perspective is that I was generally reading a free copy (in the library or someone else's).
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 02:23 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
... but after the debacle is over... Very Happy
yep, that's exactly what is...
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 10:01 pm
At least the turkey will put everyone to sleep...or is it the Corona?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 10:09 pm
ehBeth wrote:
LW - I found out yesterday that people who are new posters (not sure of the exact definition) cannot send PM's. They can however respond to PM's sent to them by, hmmmmmm, what was the term for those who've already yakked a lot.

I'm unable to PM
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 12:08 am
I'll try and PM you, husker. I don't know what software quirks are involved in the return of PM's but it seems out of order to include some and not others.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 12:13 am
did get the pm, but I'm unable to reply Sad

Hamster 8565 reports - Private messages temporarily suspended.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 12:37 am
That's really weird. I'd open your profile and resubmit an E mail address even if it's the same. You should then receive an E mail to sign back into your acount that may solve the problem. The site was hacked a few days ago and there are still some anomalies.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 12:42 am
I've never been able to PM either. I just figured it was a heirarchy thing
0 Replies