Willy Wonka?

Seed

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 06:49 pm
Has anyone read about the remaking of the classic Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory? Johnny Depp is supposed to Willy Wonka... but thats all I have heard. I like Depp as an actor, and was pretty please with his preformance in "Priates..." but do you think he can pull off willy wonka?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,595 • Replies: 19
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 06:05 am
whats to pull off. It was a really gay movie with hershey bars.. i think even gene Wilder cashed his check in secret.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 11:20 am
you really think it was a bad movie?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 02:14 pm
I was not the target audience, Im sure. My choices are not meant, nor should never be used, to gage the goodness of a movie. there are some real stinkers out there that I loved. I like Ishtar, which was nominated as one of the top 5 worst movies of all time. I just thought it funny. Willie W, was, to me, something I wished that I had kids to take at the time. I was with this girl and felt like I was being watched and laughed at by all my school friends.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 02:21 pm
Farmerman, I had fun at Ishtar as well. I don't admit it to a lot of people. I've walked out of movies and plays. Ishtar wasn't one of them.

I'm looking forward to the Johnny Depp version of Willy Wonka, but then I'd probably enjoy the Johnny Depp version of a reading of the New York phone book. Embarrassed

I think Johnny makes interesting film choices. I haven't been disappointed in him so far. (and he looks cute Embarrassed in the pix I've seen from the filming).
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 08:28 am
maybe thats whhy I cant get all excited about the new Mssr Wonka. I like Johhny Depp in The Legend of Sleepy Hollow. That pirate thing just got me confused. It was trying to be and adventure, a comedy, and somethhing else. I think they were tyrying to make Depp into a kind of Errol Flynn. For one, hes a dwarf
0 Replies

thiefoflight

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 10:10 am
Depp's new film FINDING NEVERLAND opens next week and has gotten some great reviews. I guess one of the kids in this film will also be in WONKA.
I read that Dahl didn't like the original version because it wasn't dark enough. I intend on reading the book soon.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 08:57 pm
i heard the same thing theif... funny eh...
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 09:01 pm
I love willy wonka and the chocolate factory, so let's just watch what we say it...hmmm....lol
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 09:14 pm
oooooooooh, I love the movie (not a great film, but a fun movie) and the actor. Can't wait to see it.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 09:17 pm
Do you guys remember the part in the movie when they are on that little boat thing? Do you remember seeing horrible things on the walls of the cave as they were going through it? Such as cutting heads off chickens and stuff like that...if you don't beleive me...watch that part again closely!!
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 09:19 pm
StandUp - there's some kind of lizard in there as well! It was the most disturbing part of the film when I watched it as a kid.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 09:20 pm
eeesh!
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 09:24 pm
The song he's singing is quite creepy as well. All off-key and weird lyrics.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 09:25 pm
I think Johnny Depp is a very good character actor. He has played a lot of strange parts, why not Willy Wonka....I think he'll do a good job Smile
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 09:26 pm
i hope so... as for the scary parts... im gonna put it inthe dvd player and check it out
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 09:31 pm
Please do, let us know al the freaky happenings!!
0 Replies

thiefoflight

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 10:17 pm
the JOBLO movie site has posted the poster for WONKA
Depp looks great!!
0 Replies

MollyR

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2004 01:00 am
Hey!
I loved Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I don't understand why they would want to make a new version. I hate when they do that. I really can't think of a re-make I liked. "Let well enough alone!" It really is terrible when they ruin a great piece of film with a remake. Take Planet of the Apes for example. Yuck! They totally butchered a classic.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2004 06:45 am
I know what you mean, Molly. More examples of this are remakes of two classic British films - The Italian Job and Alfie. There was no need to remake the originals - they were classics.

The only ones I can think of right now where I reckon it's been better the second time are The Thomas Crown Affair and Oceans Eleven.

And welcome to A2K!
0 Replies