Which is correct creating reality and accepting what is

cjordan

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 02:30 pm
There seems to be two opposite approaches to living one's life effectively and or/authentically? One is based on the premise that we co-create our own reality thus consciously directing our thinking and feelings to reflect that which we desire will manifest our dreams and make us happy. The other premise seems to be that accepting "what is" every moment is the most effective and authentic way to live. By not desiring or manipulating our lives do we finally have a true or direct expereince of life itself thus authentic joy arises which includes pain, sorrow, happines etc.? In other words it is our ability to accept life and ourselves as it is without wanting it to be somwthing else that gives us the "truth" that is already there?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 701 • Replies: 4
No top replies

superjuly

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 05:15 pm
I'll tell ya when I figure it out myself... he he

Although I'm not sure how long that can/will take. Sorry!
0 Replies

crazydragonclk

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 05:17 pm
what do you mean or mean to ask? that what we believe and strive for becomes truth or our reality?
0 Replies

cjordan

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 05:42 pm
co_creators or acceptance? or both?
(I thought I was using a test version of this question answer forum so I didn't pay much attention to spelling etc.) So here is the question written a bit more clearly.
There seems to be two contradictory perspectives on how to live effectively and authentically in the world. One seems to imply that we as spiritual beings (who are a part of the Divine) have the ability to co-create our reality. Thus we are to take an active role in co creation by consciously directing our thinking and feelings toward what we truly desire to manifest. The better we are at directing our thinking consciously the closer we get to the reality we choose to create... so we get what we want and then we are happy! The other perspective is that in order to live effectively and authentically in the world we are to accept our lives, circumstances, joys, sorrows etc just as they are, without trying to manipulate or change something. it seems to imply that by accepting "what is" we then live in the present moment which then provides a true or direct experience of life itself thus authentic joy arises which includes pain, sorrow, happiness etc.? Any thoughts?
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 08:40 pm
cjordan, i have never heard ANYONE argue that true happiness is found by simply sitting back and not taking responsibility for our own lives

happiness isn't just going to fall into your lap. you can go about WORKING towards it in different ways...you can try to learn and achieve, you can set goals, or perhaps you can just work on making and keeping friends...but if you have no goals and never work towards anything you might as well shoot yourself
0 Replies