Early Voting

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2016 07:00 am
Texas early voting begins today. I will vote as I see fit. For anybody interested, I consider either major candidate unqualified to serve. The Republican would unleash unpredictable harm on us. The Democrat predictable harm. The final tally is not so may days off. The repercussions will spread far beyond a four year term.

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2016 03:38 pm
Local voting today - 6,000 per hour. On the way to a record.
engineer

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2016 04:13 pm
@edgarblythe,
I'm glad you are participating in the process. Good luck with that line.
Candlelight8

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 01:48 am
@edgarblythe,
Do you believe that both of these candidates are equally malignant?
Choosing a president has always been the lesser of two evils. In this case I'll choose the pro-American candidate and not the anti-American candidate.
Any president can harm the American people. Which of these candidates wants to harm the American people? Vote for the one who does not want America destroyed. That's my 2 cents on your post. Candlelight8
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 04:49 am
@Candlelight8,
Times that try men's souls. Both candidates are anti listening to the people, beyond their campaigns. Fast poison, slow poison.
Candlelight8

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 09:41 am
@edgarblythe,
I can tell you that in my experience life only grows harsher as you wait your turn in the incinerator, but of these two specific candidates, there is only one choice. I think all of civilization could easily rest upon it. I know for certain that I am not overstating that point. I don't need anyone to agree with me, it's what I believe. I say it is a deeply considered statement and not thrown out for any nefarious purpose or reason. Candlelight8
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 10:57 am
As my mentor Jimminy, says, "Always let your conscience be your guide."
InfraBlue

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 01:11 pm
@edgarblythe,
That's what followers of Robert Mugabe tell themselves, also.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 02:32 pm
@InfraBlue,
Do you have a link for that?

I'm waiting.
DrewDad

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 02:58 pm
@edgarblythe,
I'm planning to go after work on Wednesday.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 06:30 pm
AVOID MESSING UP YOUR VOTE
The president that I was voting for, it went to the other president," Campbell said.

Campbell called Eyewitness News asking us to issue a word of warning. It is one echoed by elections officials across the area -- including Harris and Fort Bend counties.

"What they are doing is de-selecting, so then they get to that summary screen and say oh! My candidate is not there," said Harris County Clerk Stan Stanart. He says the problem comes primarily when someone votes a straight party ticket, then clicks "enter" on a race to emphasize their vote.

"What they've done is un-selected them from the straight party choice," Stanart added.

In Fort Bend, officials say voters have done something similar by rushing through and hitting "next" and not waiting for the next screen before hitting "next," or another key, again. Accidentally in their haste, un-marking the candidate they meant to choose.

Officials say the best way to avoid trouble is to review your selections carefully prior to hitting the "cast ballot" button.

"Everybody needs to look at that, what's going on," said Campbell.

That's good election advice. Whether its your first election or you've done it a dozen times.

If you are voting a straight party ticket and you accidentally change one of the votes you should also get a blue warning screen, so be on the lookout for that. That should serve as notice that you might look more closely at your votes before you cast your ballot.

If you find irregularities still, officials suggest you immediately contact the election judge at your voting location.

http://abc13.com/politics/going-to-vote-how-to-avoid-messing-up-your-ballot-/1572892/#videoplayer
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 09:55 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Local voting today - 6,000 per hour. On the way to a record.

Today it was more than 7,000 per hour.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2016 12:07 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Do you have a link for that?

I'm waiting.

You need a link for the obvious?
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2016 04:56 am
@InfraBlue,
I knew you were blowing air.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2016 03:03 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

I'm glad you are participating in the process. Good luck with that line.

I got out of my car at 3:28, and had a grueling time walking into the building waiting, signing in and doing the actual voting.

When I walked back out to my car and started it, I glanced at the clock and it said 3:40.

I'm thinking some people would have complained they spent over an hour doing this.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2016 03:26 pm
In our county, early voting is setting a new record every day so far.
chai2

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2016 03:40 pm
@edgarblythe,
Oh yeah, there were quite a number of people there.

However, things moved very quickly.

Just because there's a lot of people, doesn't mean it's going to take forever.
And what if you did have to wait? Deal with it.

I think it's wrong of people to emphasize how you have to wait, it's inconvenient, blah blah blah. It convinces others to not bother.

It's our civic duty, and also our right to vote.

Same as jury duty. People who try to shirk that duty and privilege shouldn't voice their opinions on the outcomes of any trial.

If you don't vote, you don't get to complain the next 4 years.
So put up or shut up.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2016 03:45 pm
@edgarblythe,
Edgar, I am sure you have many many state and local props to vote on, not only presidential. Voting is something many fought for and not going to vote is a disgrace.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2016 03:57 pm
@CalamityJane,
I am waiting a few more days before voting, because I have been getting a vote by mail ballot every election for the past three or four. So far it has not come this time. I like doing it by mail, because it gives me more time to research each down ballot candidate and proposition. I have a list of Democrats and Greens I plan to vote for.
CalamityJane

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2016 04:18 pm
@edgarblythe,
Great to hear, Edgar! I also vote via mail and have actually done so already.
All mail ballots were sent out, so you might call your closest registrar office and see where your mail ballot is. You can't be careful enough in Texas Wink