My philosophy on life (how I see life)

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2016 09:56 am
I see life as being no different than a taste test. A piece of food in front of a judge. You are the judge and life is the piece of food. If this piece of food tastes great (it is a very pleasing taste), then you would cherish it and keep on eating that food.

But if it tastes repulsive (is a very unpleasant taste), then you would judge that food as a piece of crap and throw it away. So this also applies to you and your life. If life is miserable for you and consists of much hardship, then just throw it away since it is a life that is very displeasing for you. Just throw yourself away. Take yourself out of such a life.

But if life is very pleasing for you and brings you much joy and happiness instead, then cherish that life and live it for all it is worth.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 2,299 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2016 09:58 am
@MozartLink,
You wouldn't be oversimplifying things a bit would you?
MozartLink

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2016 10:03 am
@Leadfoot,
I know there are other views on life. But this is my view.
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2016 10:34 am
@MozartLink,
OK, hope you enjoy the taste.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2016 11:16 am
@MozartLink,
Mozart, leadfoot was being nice with that challenge.

I think your premise is only half true. There are times when we don't react to how we feel about life but instead life forces a feeling of itself. One such case is chemical imbalance in the brain. The example of this is the clock tower school shooter who wrote a letter requesting an autopsy be preformed on him if he should die. It was carried out and discovered he had a brain tumor. This causes his mental imbalance. That is just one example of how life forces an emotion.

People who are depressed are caught in a loop where their feeling and thoughts perpetuate more depression, but it isn't as simple as saying life is great, I love life, to snap them out. Some times life comes down to sheer luck. Good parents, healthy environment, plenty of opportunities, positive friends, and the intellect to take advantage of your situation. Life is easier when you have better opportunities in easy reach.

A positive mental attitude isn't always the make or break for how you feel about life. So I think your philosophy needs work.
MozartLink

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2016 11:54 am
@Krumple,
Yes, you are right, life is mostly luck. So for me, it all depends on luck whether my life is meaningful (worth living) or not. If my life is blissful, then it is worth living. I am fortunate and that is what makes my life worth living. But if I am unfortunate and my life is miserable, then it is no longer worth living.
dalehileman

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2016 12:07 pm
@MozartLink,
Golly Art, even more curious, wish you had a profile

Just wonder what sort of fella

Forgive if repetitious
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2016 02:41 pm
@MozartLink,
From of POV, having tasted as many foods as is possible is the best way to live one's life. Some are sweet and some are sour, but being able to appreciate all the different flavors is the key to being happy.
dalehileman

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2016 03:06 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Yea Cis and The Brew too don't forget
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2016 03:46 pm
@dalehileman,
Quote:
but being able to appreciate all the different flavors is the key to being happy.

That includes all the brew.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2016 04:42 pm
@MozartLink,
I believe you are over simplifying your philosophy of how you see life. I suspect many people have a mix bag of food. We have good times and bad times. Just because I had a rotten apple, doesn't mean I don't want to ever eat an apple again. Sometimes you need to have the downs to have a greater appreciation of the ups.
dalehileman

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2016 04:58 pm
@Real Music,
...of the aps
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2016 07:07 am
@MozartLink,
Well pick your favourite and try to eat the same food everyday for a year and come back to talk about the experience. The very whole idea of what food is more appealing requires some less appealing options on the menu for contrast. Life is not one kind of food but the full menu with some less appealing dishes...
0 Replies

timeb4minute

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2016 02:36 pm
@MozartLink,
Jeeez so many things popping up in my head reading this..

I like these kind of comparisons, so I had a good read reading your "opinion of life" but honestly you missed out some heavy parts in your sweet explanation.

Assuming to be the judge only in relation to life is rather ridiculous. Who cooks it? Who serves it?

Being the chef sometimes suck, it's stressful and easy to mess up, but since it is you that eats it and judges it afterwards, you might as well just try and get your gourmet skills ready.

Cooking is all about experimenting and sometimes it really tastes like ****, but what then? Do you throw it away and cook something fully new? Well, that's one option but I suggest you to use your brain and think and figure out what the hell went wrong. Try over and over again. Learn how to cook. And especially what kind of food you love.
And then, finally cook something you cherish

Of course there's a chance to catch rotten groceries but there's always a chance for everything - everything that can happen will happen.

A piece of food cannot get better by leaving it untouched - in fact it can only get worse. So if you get yourself something that tasted like ****, you better get some spices and seasoning. If you can afford it, cook yourself something new. Or you might as well just throw it away as you suggested.

Peace and Love
0 Replies

binman303

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2016 06:46 pm
@MozartLink,
This is my view on life.

some may find this to be true, “that life is but a dream”. Looking at this, isn’t life just a dream that we as humans consider to be truth. A dream called reality by intelligent minds; although, life may not be as real as we think. Life may not be real in the sense of a physical preponderance of nature, but on a subconscious level, a dream state of memory. A state that is so fixated on grasping, holding onto the physical form, so that other, those being the ones we hold so dear, may recognize and deem it as a state of a pure conscious reality.
0 Replies