Back to the future 3, a story of incest?

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 10:44 pm
Edit: Moved from General to Film

Hi. I noticed a very large mistake in the back to the future 3.

Marty goes back to 1885, where he meets Shamus Mcfly, his great grand father. He also meets Maggie Mcfly, his great grand mother. Now here is the problem: Shamus Mcfly is the splitting image of Marty, and Maggie Mcfly is the splitting image of Martys mother. Except in the case of incest, this isn't possible.

Am I to beleve that George Mcfly's grandfather, was married to Lorraine Mcflys grandmother? This makes no sense. It would mean that George Mcfly and Loraraine Mcfly are related by blood, not just by marriage. my dad married my mom, but my dads father did not marry my moms mother, and my grandfather on my dads side, did not marry my grandmother on my mothers side. My great grandfather on my dads side, did not marry my great grandmother on my moms side. My great grandfathers wife on my fathers side would look nothing like my great grand mother on my mothers side. They are not related at all.

George Mcfly is a Mcfly. Maggie Mcfly married into the name and the family. She has a different maiden name. Her grand daugher Lorraine did not marry her grand son George. However, that seems to be the case. Georges grandmother on his dads side, looks like Lorraine mcfly, his wife?

Get it?

Both his great grand mother and grandfather on his dads side can't look like anyone on his mothers side of the family. Lorraine Mcfly is not related to Marty's great grandmother on his fathers side. She too has a maiden name. The chances that both Maggie Mcly and Lorraine Mcfly having the same maiden name are very low, as they are NOT related to each other. and they certainly are not Mcfly's by blood. They married into the name.

I wish I could explain this better, but to sum it up if you don't quite get it, your granddads wife was not your mothers grandmother, so they would not look alike
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,058 • Replies: 2
No top replies

storm911

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 10:54 pm
storm911 wrote:
Hi. I noticed a very large mistake in the back to the future 3.

Marty goes back to 1885, where he meets Shamus Mcfly, his great grand father. He also meets Maggie Mcfly, his great grand mother. Now here is the problem: Shamus Mcfly is the splitting image of Marty, and Maggie Mcfly is the splitting image of Martys mother. Except in the case of incest, this isn't possible.

Am I to beleve that George Mcfly's grandfather, was married to Lorraine Mcflys grandmother? This makes no sense. It would mean that George Mcfly and Loraraine Mcfly are related by blood, not just by marriage. my dad married my mom, but my dads father did not marry my moms mother, and my grandfather on my dads side, did not marry my grandmother on my mothers side. My great grandfather on my dads side, did not marry my great grandmother on my moms side. My great grandfathers wife on my fathers side would look nothing like my great grand mother on my mothers side. They are not related at all.

George Mcfly is a Mcfly. Maggie Mcfly married into the name and the family. She has a different maiden name. Her grand daugher Lorraine did not marry her grand son George. However, that seems to be the case. Georges grandmother on his dads side, looks like Lorraine mcfly, his wife?

Get it?

Both his great grand mother and grandfather on his dads side can't look like anyone on his mothers side of the family. Lorraine Mcfly is not related to Marty's great grandmother on his fathers side. She too has a maiden name. The chances that both Maggie Mcly and Lorraine Mcfly having the same maiden name are very low, as they are NOT related to each other. and they certainly are not Mcfly's by blood. They married into the name.

I wish I could explain this better, but to sum it up if you don't quite get it, your granddads wife was not your mothers grandmother, so they would not look alike
I meant your fathers grandfather did not marry your mothers grandmother, so your dads grandmother certainly does not look like your dads wife. They are not related
0 Replies

Magus

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 12:33 am
The 5-year-old nephew had nightmares after viewing "The Wizard of Oz".

We had to tell him, "It's just a story... don't get upset.
It's NOT REAL."

I dunno what to tell him when he starts going to Roman Catholic Sunday School...
0 Replies