10

The Ladies Ghostbusters?

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2016 07:29 am
Anyone seen this controversial (much maligned by people who trolled and hated on the film before it was even released) all-female reboot of The Ghostbusters franchise?

If it's heatwavey this Sunday, I might go to see this or the latest [url=]Star Trek: Beyond[/url] movie.

3  
Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2016 08:03 am
I've not seen it, but the kids have. They really rated it.

Last night I saw this beamed directly to cinemas from the Almeida.

engineer

3  
Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2016 08:15 am
Pretty solid on Rotten Tomatoes even given the hate campaign against it. It's on my to do list for this summer, but I need to get going. Star Trek is already out and Suicide Squad is coming soon. My queue is filling up.

2  
Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2016 08:53 am
@engineer,
I already have my ticket for Suicide Squad. IMAX of course.

rosborne979

2  
Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2016 09:06 am
I liked the original, but I'm not very interested in the reboot. I'm getting pretty tired of reboots and remakes in general.

3  
Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2016 09:53 am
@rosborne979,
We have been asked by friends to go see it and , like Ros, our answer is"no thank you, I have to set some ant traps in the patio"

3  
Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2016 06:42 pm
I want to see it. The women in the film are very funny and it's not that big of a stretch to see them all suited up to fight ghosts. They ain't scared of no ghosts. Frankly, I didn't hold out much hope for the first two movies but I was pleasantly surprised. I'm willing to give the women a chance.

Setanta

3  
Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2016 02:14 am
I liked the song for the first movie . . . after that, my interest waned.

Finn dAbuzz

-1  
Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2016 03:16 pm
No, but I do think the controversy around it is absurd.

This is what we can expect from apolitical fan boys & girls typing furiously at their keyboards in their mother's basements.

What is equally absurd is self-defined feminists taking this movie on as a righteous cause.

Tempest in a teapot.

I don't plan on seeing it in a theater but I might pay per view to watch it.

What bothers me about this movie isn't that women are playing the characters it's that Hollywood thinks that doing so is a big deal.

The female cast are all very talented. Why couldn't they give them an original vehicle to display their talents?

1  
Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2016 11:16 am
I still haven't seen the movie in question but this Honest Trailers take on the film is wonderfully delicious!
engineer

1  
Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2016 11:54 am
Comes out this week on DVD, Redbox.

rosborne979

2  
Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 07:57 am
I saw it. It was terrible. But my 7-yr old likes it a lot.

2  
Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 02:30 pm
@rosborne979,
I saw it, the plot or story line was tepid. What a shame. There were a few bright moments, but not enough....the actresses deserved a much better vehicle.
MarshallN

-1  
Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2016 11:19 am
@glitterbag,
Didn't like it!