Quenching travel lust by internet searches or reading travel writers

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2016 02:59 pm
I might have started a similar thread before, but that would have been quite a while ago. Today, I saw a Guardian article that feeds my continuing interest at the same time that I am less and less able to travel for real. But, even in my traveling heyday I was a sucker for good travel stories by many good writers, and once I got onto exploring the internet, a sucker for hotel and b & b sites, all this a kind of travel by proxy.

Today's find -
https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2016/jul/07/10-best-small-mediterranean-hotels-greece-spain-italy

Add your favorite travel writers, eh? travel website finds.. and your own stories if you want to.

Oddly enough, there is a place named in that linked article that a friend was trying to get me to move to, back when I was considering going back and forth between the US and Italy (ultimately a very dumb idea). The place is a small island, Ortigia, off of Syracusa (Sicily) - that was the friend's dream for herself, not mine; I'm basically a city girl.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,639 • Replies: 0
No top replies