Did the Void have existence?

Reply Wed 25 May, 2016 03:14 pm
Is this conclusion logically consistent? Identity Proceeds Existence. An existent must be something before it is. An identity must have two or more attributes to exist. The Void had three attributes. The Void was necessary, sufficient and potentially the Universe. The Void had an identity, therefore, the Void had existence.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,787 • Replies: 9
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Wed 25 May, 2016 04:06 pm
@JamesRushing,
Quote:
Is this conclusion logically consistent?
Not to me, Jim, but I don't speak philosophical

Quote:
Identity Proceeds Existence. An existent must be something before it is.
I suppose you mean "precedes," but in terms of the ordinary language I was brought up with, neither assertion makes any sense
to me anyhow. I'd suppose anything that exists, is. But I'm willing to entertain a def

Quote:
An identity must have two or more attributes to exist. three attributes...necessary, sufficient and potentially the Universe.
You hafta explain. Wasn't emptiness also one of its attributes

Carrying things a step further, do you think of of Void as a kind of nothingness just before the Big Bang
JamesRushing

Reply Wed 25 May, 2016 11:17 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman, I'm trying to establish the existence of the Void - The absence of everything, nothingness, a Void, without law, matter, time nor space. This is interesting because if the Void had existence, then the Void had the Force of its existence. The Void and the Force of its Existence were the first two existents. Now, two or more identities may combine to create a third, new and unique identity. Now these three identities may combine to create a fourth identity and the four may combine to create a fifth, etc., and this is the mechanism that created the information that built the Universe from nothing to something... Now, I'm wondering, did Identity precede Existence?
dalehileman

Reply Thu 26 May, 2016 11:43 am
@JamesRushing,
Quote:
dalehileman,
Yea Jim that's me

Quote:
... Void - The absence of everything, nothingness...without law, matter, time nor space.
Yea me too, sorta see it that way too

Quote:
... if the Void had existence, then... had the Force ....
If I'm right about its coming just before the Big Bang (whatever that means) then sure, it musta had some sort of existence (whatever that means). However, we're not smart enough yet to enlarge on this (pun intended)

Quote:
... first two existents. Now, two or more identities ...create a third, new and unique identity
To me, this sounds like simply throwing a bunch of words together, somewhat related but in the usu order. However, if you've redefined the word "identity"...

Help, somebody smarter than the both of us

Quote:
... combine to create a fourth identity and ... combine to create a fifth, etc., ... the mechanism that... that built the Universe from ...

Identity precede Existence?
Sorry Jim but I just hafta bow out
0 Replies

Thomas33

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2016 10:09 am
Existence requires awareness, and awareness requires anti.
Existence needs two, but two can't exist before one; existence can't be the beginning.

dalehileman

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2016 11:15 am
@Thomas33,
Quote:
awareness requires anti
Antifreeze Tom
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2016 02:00 pm
@Thomas33,
Tom forgive
0 Replies

draghici50

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2017 05:33 pm
@Thomas33,
What if , nothing is real , and we are an virtual particle that comes and goes in seconds but we feel them like billions of years. What it's the point? ... i feel empty
TomTomBinks

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2017 05:55 pm
@draghici50,
If nothing is real, but you can recognize that, then it has reality to you, which means it has reality.
If only a second passes, but to you it feels like a billion years, then guess what? A billion years have passed.
If you feel empty because you feel there is no point to anything, then it doesn't matter if things are real or not or how much time has "actually" passed.
Your depression has nothing to do with physics. Educate yourself and get some psychological help if necessary.
0 Replies

Poodlenoodle

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2022 04:15 pm
@JamesRushing,
Is this Rosicrucianism or something? I stopped reading the book I had about that because it was so vague. I got out of the New Age/UFO stuff a few years ago and am so happy I did. God is all you need to know, he definitely does exist. And, if you trust in Jesus Christ he will lead you to true happiness.
God bless!
0 Replies