and tradition. Do you agree???
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,043 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 08:46 am
I might, if i understood that sentence. Then again, i might not.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 10:05 am
Not quite sure what is meant by that other than most films are for popular entertainment even though there are now record numbers of independent and foreign films that are quite literate. Couldn't one say the same thing about the Best Seller list of books? Or the top ten pop songs? Just what "tradition" is this all violating? Pulp fiction (sic) is a tradition going back over 100 years.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 11:57 am
Destroying whose culture?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 01:06 pm
Maybe it's yogurt culture, joe?
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 01:09 pm
I disagree with what I feel that Pasiex is trying to say. (I think that he means 'threatening.') Do you mean Western culture? Eastern culture?

Anyhow, films sometimes enlighten, just like any other medium of communication.

0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 01:10 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
Maybe it's yogurt culture, joe?

Laughing

Then he has a point, L.W. One hardly ever sees people on the screen, looking coy, swigging back Greek yoghurt and talking about good bacteria. That yoghurt is underrepresented a hell of a shame, but that's life.

0 Replies

Eccles

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 01:13 pm
I think that films create and revitalise culture. And what's so great about "culture" in the sense of art galleries, literature and music? Just another way for folks to create an in-group in order to boost their ego.

i am very very tired, have mercy
0 Replies

Eccles

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 01:15 pm
I think that films create and revitalise culture. And what's so great about "culture" in the sense of art galleries, literature and music? Just another way for folks to create an in-group in order to boost their ego.

0 Replies

Eccles

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 01:15 pm

0 Replies

Eccles

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 01:16 pm

0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 01:32 pm
There's always artists like Kinkade to drag down the culture.
0 Replies