the universe & space

lucia

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 09:28 am
Gravity is as strong as electromagnetism. We don't feel it because we are so tiny inside our atom we call universe
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 763 • Replies: 8
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 09:44 am
I think we do feel it Lucia. Evey time I jump up, without fail, I come back down. I can only throw a baseball so far before it crashes to the ground. It takes a lot of lift to get a plane off the ground. I hardly feel electromagnetism at all!
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 11:00 am
try the scientific forum
0 Replies

lucia

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 10:31 am
NickFun wrote:
I think we do feel it Lucia. Evey time I jump up, without fail, I come back down. I can only throw a baseball so far before it crashes to the ground. It takes a lot of lift to get a plane off the ground. I hardly feel electromagnetism at all!

Very nice comment. However a baseball doesn't go all the way to the center of the earth, right?... Neither you or the plane What stops them to doing so?
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 10:33 am
the earth! Shocked
[be it grass, mud, asphalt, or concrete.......]
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 01:52 pm
Gravity isn't as strong as electromagnetism. The reason why we're being pulled down towards the earth is because the earth is composed of so many atoms that we're bound to it normally.
Quote:

I think touch results from electromagnetic interaction, so we do feel it all the time :wink: .
0 Replies

lucia

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2004 10:26 am
BoGoWo wrote:
the earth! Shocked
[be it grass, mud, asphalt, or concrete.......]

which means grass, mud, asphalt, or concrete feel stronger then gravity
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2004 10:31 am
Ray, gravity is the curvature of space-time. The larger the object the greater the attraction of gravity.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 08:17 am
lucia wrote:
.......which means grass, mud, asphalt, or concrete feel stronger then gravity

yes, obviously - by observation.

the force of gravity is relative (as is everything), and the force acting on a small body is less than that affecting a large one.
0 Replies