Who/What is watching us?

why

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 09:37 pm
There is a part of you, that can step outside of yourself.

This entity can stand outside of yourself and witness your life go by, as a movie. Almost amused at the movie.

For example, it watches you become successful, have a happy life, get a great job, then sees you get fired, etc. This entity is virtually unaffected by it all. Just watching.

It is an unaging entity. If you are past middle age, for example, this part is virtually the same as it was at age 15.

What is this entity?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 793 • Replies: 7
No top replies

SCoates

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 09:42 pm
A wife.

Is that the answer to the riddle?
0 Replies

why

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 09:43 pm
SCoates wrote:
A wife.

Is that the answer to the riddle?

heh heh heh That fits, except the part of being "unaffected by it all."
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 09:45 pm
A lazy wife.
0 Replies

why

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 09:47 pm
SCoates wrote:
A lazy wife.

Thats it. Jeez. And I thought I had isolated a new splinter of the ID or something.
0 Replies

nn

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2004 01:33 pm
it's your soul, people aren't just flesh, you are originaly a soul, a cloud of energy if you willl, you are then put into a flesh vessel to live out this life, but it's not life your soul necessarily fits right into the flesh, it is who you truly are, but it is also and always in conflict with your flesh, the part of body that think this is the now and that's all there is to it, instead of knowing that this life is temporary.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 12:13 am
On most days I think this Witness is, what the Hindus call, my Atman. On bad days I think it's Ashcroft.
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 02:16 am
Interesting question. Rings a bell from somewhere back in highschool psychology but I can't put my finger on it (I never did pay much attention in class). Something to do with the ego and the id? Umm, can anyone tell me what a super-ego is cause I've totally forgotten.
0 Replies