WHY DOES THE TOPIC OF ATHEISTS BRING OUT THE CREEPS?

FBM

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2015 06:06 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

the kokuni crunch is pheeeeeeeenomenal

miso-braised pork belly, cucumber, lettuce, corn flakes, spicy mayo, cheese

____

That sounds too good to be true...*drool*

Quote:
I wish I could get them to give me the hoddeok without filling.

The horror... Shocked
ehBeth

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2015 06:38 pm
@FBM,
next hoddeok -just pull off a little edge that doesn't have any sweet filling and taste it
FBM

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2015 06:40 pm
@ehBeth,
I'm skeptical, but I'll give it a go...
ehBeth

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2015 07:20 pm
@FBM,
If it's well-made it will be better than any pancake you've ever had.

Not as thin as a true crepe, but close - a tiny bit stretchy. Delish.

I wonder if your North Korean refugee students have regional variations of this?

_____

think of Chinese mu shu / mandarin pancakes ... they're also similar to crepes

http://www.crumblycookie.net/2008/01/18/not-a-chinese-burrito/
FBM

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2015 07:30 pm
@ehBeth,
I'm not around a touristy area, so I'm sure that what they make aound here will be well-made. Otherwise, they'd go out of business on short order. It's just that I relish the filling so much, I can't imagine enjoying it without it.

Very good question about NK variations. I'm meeting a couple of them this weekend, so I'll try to remember to ask. A quick google search didn't turn up anything.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2015 07:31 pm
@ehBeth,
Hey, wait, those sound good..I haven't had red bean stuff in a long time, the asian kind, I mean., adzuki, known to me as azuki.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 09:41 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Does anyone have a plausible explanation as to why people get so hysterical about atheists?

Crepe Fear!!

That was such a good movie with Bumphrey Hogart.
panzade

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 12:52 pm
@parados,
You mean Mobert Ritchum?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 12:56 pm
@FBM,
When you meet your NK students please tell them there are people out here who are really interested in them and wish them well.

I understand that it is dangerous for them to reveal to much about themselves but hopefully learning about their food is safe.

I understand a little bit about their fear as my mother and many members of her family were sentenced to death in absentia in East Germany at the end of the second world war. That awareness impacted many things in our lives.
panzade

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 01:00 pm
@ehBeth,
I've been meaning to say something about the NK students too.
Let them know we care.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 01:09 pm
@panzade,
Me too.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 07:44 pm
Thanks, all. I'll pass on the goodwill to them. I think I posted some photos a while back of some NK food that one of them prepared for her tutors. Or maybe I forgot to. I'll check. Anyway, as long as I don't post their photos or names, it shouldn't be a problem telling you what they tell me. I don't think we have an NK spies here at A2K.

Do we? Confused
roger

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 07:52 pm
@FBM,
If they ever notice you, they will be on you like ticks on a dog.

Seriously, I wouldn't be greatly surprised, especially if anyone from North Korea had ever found a way to post here. Okay, put me down as over cautious.
FBM

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 07:55 pm
@roger,
Huh. I'd hope that NK cyber-spies had bigger fish to fry. But I'd never post anything sensitive, anyway.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 08:02 pm
@FBM,
Yes - you posted the food they prepared a little while back.

Def no pix of names.

More on food though Smile I find food culture fascinating.
FBM

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 08:06 pm
@ehBeth,
Cool. I'll see if I can make it a topic of discussion this weekend...
0 Replies

GorDie

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 03:48 pm
@Setanta,
Yeah. Teaching people that morals are fictitious man made opinion statements has negative results. Factually. Criminals. lazy boyfriends. disrespectful husbands. corrupt politics. neglect of environmental concerns. Arrogance (concerning, using examples of people posing as religious when they are not, as examples of religious people (corrupt politicians by deefinition are NOT religious and ARE posing.))

However. To be fair. As a Christian, Islamic, Hindu, Mythologist (a creationist),
I do not validity their actions. I have read so few valid arguments against atheism it rattles my bones.
I despise people who sue former "Christians" arguments against me in debate. A person is INSANE, fro believing in falsehoods such as associating me with one of the many other sects of religion(it is an anti Christian philosophy to have sects.).

Justly Christians get fanatical because Atheists do not understand* ^^ as I just depicted with the false pretence concept.

The biggest reason though is. Christians love to share.
We're over here having cake. And it isn't gonna last forever, cause once your beauty runs dry, your opportunity to be happily married is gone... so don't waste it glorifying adulterers by ******* assholes and drug addicts..
Marriage is awesome.

I can't wait to do all the chores. I don't know what she would be able to find to do when I spend 30 minutes a day cleaning. 30 minutes preparing surprises. 30 minutes preparing dinners and social evenings/parties/outings.
I will be amazed and awe inspired by a woman that can overcome that obstacle and demonstrate such imaginative quality, ambition and goals.
hingehead

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2017 07:39 pm
@GorDie,
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/16/fc/f0/16fcf0c51bda65d8c9029dea26794035.jpg
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 05:40:15