12
   

WHY DOES THE TOPIC OF ATHEISTS BRING OUT THE CREEPS?

 
 
ossobuco
 
  0  
Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2015 07:50 pm
@panzade,
I lived there when I was four or five, for a bit. What I remember was not Arlington but some drugstore in Fairfax where my parents bought me some kind of drawing coloring book. The start of it all.
ossobuco
 
  0  
Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2015 08:02 pm
@ossobuco,
Also, until ehBeth posted, and tags were added, I had no idea this was a humor thread. I think others didn't either.
edgarblythe
 
  1  
Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2015 08:19 pm
@ossobuco,
I took it seriously, at first, but have decided to go with the flow. I got my major jab in, first. Smile
0 Replies
 
layman
 
  1  
Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2015 08:23 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
Also, until ehBeth posted, and tags were added, I had no idea this was a humor thread. I think others didn't either.


Exactly, Jo. The original post was stated in quite serious terms, and merely echoed a complaint that was made in the atheism thread. All the original posters (Ed, for one) treated it seriously.

It was only later, AFTER Beth started making crepes jokes, that Setenta claimed it was INTENDED to be humorous. I don't buy it for one second. But, of course, he made the claim that it was "obvious" simply as a basis for claiming that I was dull. He will stop at nothing in his attempts to "prove" that, ya know?
layman
 
  1  
Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2015 08:36 pm
@layman,
I mean, like, looky here, eh?:
Quote:
When Lil Kay stared the thread entitled "Atheism" years ago, it pretty quickly attracted people who are not atheists, and whose purpose was not to discuss the experience of being an atheist (Lil Kay's purpose), and who seemed to have shown up just to attack atheists. That hasn't changed in all these years.

Does anyone have a plausible explanation as to why people get so hysterical about atheists?


That last question just SCREAMS "please tell some crepes jokes," don't it?
0 Replies
 
roger
 
  1  
Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2015 08:40 pm
@panzade,
Oops! Nice catch.
0 Replies
 
ossobuco
 
  1  
Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2015 08:54 pm
@layman,
What can I say, since of course I'm a drunk.
FBM
 
  2  
Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2015 09:01 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Also, until ehBeth posted, and tags were added, I had no idea this was a humor thread. I think others didn't either.



I think the whole thread and everyone posting in it are full of crepe.
layman
 
  1  
Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2015 09:19 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
What can I say, since of course I'm a drunk.


Yeah, Jo, I saw that bastard abusing you. He's always out trying to make friends, eh?
0 Replies
 
carloslebaron
 
  0  
Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2015 10:05 pm
...but... what I can see is that there is not a serious discussion or conversation about atheists in these forums simply because is so bored to talk about it...
hawkeye10
 
  1  
Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2015 01:58 am
@carloslebaron,
I know from conversing with the now apparently dead Spendi that the atheism threads got very serious and testy, though I never paid them much mind.

I dont know if Set planned this thread as a joke. I certainly think he might have. I love to talk about food, food sex and booze are my main interests in life outside of empire building (my building a restaurant chain) , that is my excuse for following beths tangent.
0 Replies
 
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2015 03:01 am
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

I'm with the Baptists on this one.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10985366_1459675747657690_5072839632588220939_n.jpg?oh=dfcab893e1ac668d70dcd339029ff5b2&oe=55AF2244&__gda__=1436345723_975bc7f099951008dd2b7381412cb450


There is a bit of irony there...but there is a great deal of irony in the title of this thread also.

Wouldn't ya say???
0 Replies
 
ehBeth
 
  1  
Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2015 03:31 pm
@FBM,
FBM wrote:

I don't think I've ever had a crepe. Sad


no jeon?

no hoddeok? hoddeok are a lot like crepes

http://hodokwaja.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/20130925-140200.jpg

http://www.maangchi.com/recipe/hoddeok

love love hoddeok

http://www.yelp.com/biz/hodo-kwaja-toronto

Quote:
Korean pancakes or Hotteok in Korean are pancakes stuffed with mostly Brown Sugar, Peanuts, Sunflower Seeds and Cinnamon or a Red Bean filling.

The dough is yeast and cornflour based which pair nicely with the melted sugary filling or sweet red bean filling.

Our Korean Pancakes are the first and only to be made fresh daily in Toronto and they are made three times a day. We start at 11:30AM in the morning, 3:00PM in the afternoon and at 5:30PM in the evening (starting times may vary based on stock and weather). Our Korean Pancakes are great for a quick breakfast, snack or dessert; simply reheat them in a microwave, toaster oven or on a frying pan (with a little bit of butter or non-stick pan).

When the pancakes were first introduced to our bakery many of our elderly customers spoke of nostalgic memories when seeing them being made in front of their high school on a cart in the chilly winter weather.


http://hodokwaja.ca/


http://hodokwaja.ca/photos/menu-small.jpg
Setanta
 
  1  
Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2015 03:57 pm
Anyone on that day who didn't see the ironic satire in this thread wasn't paying attention. FM started a thread to whine about incivility. Then Max, not to be outdone, ran out and started a thread about incivility--his second major whine on the topic (he did it a couple of months ago). Anyone who's been here for a few years would know i always start parodies of site memes. I don't consider it reasonable to suggest that i'm at fault when others are obtuse. As for me not posting until after Beth had posted about crepes, i would point out that she and i use the same computer, so there were hours in the early life of this thread when she could post and i couldn't.

There are a lot of people here who need to get over themselves. As for Layman, it became clear quite some time ago that he just came here to pick fights. The best thing to do is just not to give him the satisfaction.
0 Replies
 
panzade
 
  2  
Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2015 03:57 pm
@FBM,
Quote:
I don't think I've ever had a crepe.

The lightest, airiest dessert/breakfast food in the world
0 Replies
 
Setanta
 
  2  
Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2015 03:58 pm
@FBM,
FBM wrote:
I think the whole thread and everyone posting in it are full of crepe.


He he he he he he . . .
0 Replies
 
Setanta
 
  3  
Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2015 04:08 pm
By the way, the people in this thread who are whining about not knowing it was satire are, i suspect, those who most would like to get all worked up over atheists, or to attempt to get others all worked up. They took it seriously because they saw an opportunity for a brawl. How sad for them.
0 Replies
 
Setanta
 
  3  
Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2015 04:11 pm
http://www.artslondonnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/6296048730_bc2a46ed88_b.jpeg
0 Replies
 
FBM
 
  1  
Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2015 05:35 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

FBM wrote:

I don't think I've ever had a crepe. Sad


no jeon?

no hoddeok? hoddeok are a lot like crepes

http://hodokwaja.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/20130925-140200.jpg

http://www.maangchi.com/recipe/hoddeok

love love hoddeok

http://www.yelp.com/biz/hodo-kwaja-toronto

Quote:
Korean pancakes or Hotteok in Korean are pancakes stuffed with mostly Brown Sugar, Peanuts, Sunflower Seeds and Cinnamon or a Red Bean filling.

The dough is yeast and cornflour based which pair nicely with the melted sugary filling or sweet red bean filling.

Our Korean Pancakes are the first and only to be made fresh daily in Toronto and they are made three times a day. We start at 11:30AM in the morning, 3:00PM in the afternoon and at 5:30PM in the evening (starting times may vary based on stock and weather). Our Korean Pancakes are great for a quick breakfast, snack or dessert; simply reheat them in a microwave, toaster oven or on a frying pan (with a little bit of butter or non-stick pan).

When the pancakes were first introduced to our bakery many of our elderly customers spoke of nostalgic memories when seeing them being made in front of their high school on a cart in the chilly winter weather.


http://hodokwaja.ca/


http://hodokwaja.ca/photos/menu-small.jpg


I've had them all! Delicious! 전 (jeon) is like a pancake with various greens or sometimes squid mixed into the batter before it's fried. They're not sweet, though. 호떡 (ho-ddeok) is like a pancake with the syrup on the inside. 호도과자 (hodokwaja) are spherical and a little smaller than a golf ball. Bread on the outside and a sweet walnut-flavored paste in the middle.

Of the three, I'd say that ho-ddeok comes closest to resembling a crepe, based on google images of crepes. Now I'm thinking of a place where it's most likely that I could buy crepes...
ehBeth
 
  1  
Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2015 06:01 pm
@FBM,
Crepes are sometimes served with sweet toppings, sometimes with savoury. My favourite Japanese crepe place has amazing savoury offerings

http://s3-media4.fl.yelpassets.com/bphoto/KALD0_YFLBK8iNuDXX1PVA/l.jpg

the kokuni crunch is pheeeeeeeenomenal

miso-braised pork belly, cucumber, lettuce, corn flakes, spicy mayo, cheese

____

I wish I could get them to give me the hoddeok without filling.

 

 
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/22/2019 at 01:37:15