Newton's Riddle

Ann25

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2015 06:32 am
Hey everyone,
I need a little help here. I'm in the middle of a game, and at the current stage I'm asked to type a number. A Specific number. And it's not a decimal number.
The only one thing I can base my answer on is the attached photo in the link, and the clue I've been given: Issac Newton.
I would really appreciate any kind of help so I can move on to the next level.
Thanks in advance,
Ann.
http://imgur.com/psIBsQI
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,084 • Replies: 7
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2015 07:26 am
@Ann25,
Is this the image you want to share?

http://i.imgur.com/psIBsQI.jpg

It looks like we're missing a piece of it. Is that tiny blip in the top, right corner supposed to be part of it or is it just a problem with the image?
Ann25

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2015 07:51 am
@boomerang,
1) Thank you for commenting.
2) No. I mean - yes, but this is the whole picture. The blip is just a small part of a question written in my native language, but doesn't mean anything relevant to the riddle itself. So, unfortunately - that's all I've got... :\
boomerang

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2015 11:00 am
@Ann25,
Hey!

Isaac Newton was the guy who inserted the color indigo into the visible spectrum, bringing the colors to seven -- red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet.

I'll bet your answer is 7.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2015 11:19 am
Or...
Quote:

The visible indigo light has a wavelength of about 445 nm.

So maybe your answer is 445!
Ann25

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2015 12:13 pm
@boomerang,
Been there, done that.
It's not 7 nor 445 Sad
I'm truly desperate since I've been working so hard to achieve points and so far I solved every single riddle by myself...
BTW, It's none of the above: 0-20 :\
Thanks, again.
boomerang

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2015 01:25 pm
@Ann25,
Dang. I thought I had it.

It seems it has to have something to do with indigo based on the image clue but maybe I'm just stuck. Since it's said that Newton wanted 7 colors to correspond with the notes in a musical scale, maybe your answer lies somewhere in musical notation.

When I google "newton's riddle" I get a lot of links to a book about the second coming of Jesus and Psalms 83. Could the answer be religious in nature? 666? 83?

Is there any contextual thread running through the answers you've found so far?
Ann25

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2015 09:42 pm
@boomerang,
No, There's no such thread because I'm living in a very small country, and the questions are written in the local language so there's no more than 1000 users, at the most...
But I did ask the same question on a local internet forum - and it seems like they also think it has something to do with Indigo. So we're all stuck...

And as for your suggestion - I've tried 83 and 666... Sad
The thing is - It supposed to be a specific number, and all I can find about indigo, visible spectrum, etc. pretty sums up in ranges.
On the other hand - It's about Newton and I couldn't find anything else that would make sense, either.
0 Replies