neologist

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2015 03:41 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
Well part of the good news I would tell you is. Stay out of the old testament.
Then why did Jesus refer to it?
Often, I might add.
Squeakybro

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2015 04:35 pm
@neologist,
Do you mean here?

John 10:7-9
7 Then Jesus said to them again, "Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.
8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
9 "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
(NKJ)
neologist

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2015 05:17 pm
@Squeakybro,
Matthew 6:10 refers to Daniel 2:44
Matthew 5:5 refers to Psalm 37:11

John 5:28,29 explains how these things are possible.
Revelation 21:3,4 fortells the conclusion.

Need more?
There's plenty.

Time to start over on the true milk, though
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2015 05:51 pm
@Squeakybro,
Quote:
John 10:7-9

I usually opt for subtlety but let me be very clear my friend. You could not have misrepresented Jesus words more here.

Go backwards. Read chapter 9 to get the context, the setting, what were they speaking about and who was he talking to?

I am at a loss my friend. You are smarter than that.
Squeakybro

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2015 06:44 pm
@Smileyrius,
I don't know what you mean.
thack45

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2015 10:09 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

There are some wildly divergent views of what constitutes spiritual truth being expressed in these fora.
What do you think?

I think they're all just about equally valid

Quote:

Is it appropriate to set them in contrast, so they may be closely examined?

Given the above mentioned fora, I couldn't say it's inappropriate
Squeakybro

Reply Fri 1 May, 2015 07:08 am
@thack45,
Well I can say I only have one view of truth.

John 17:17-19
17 "Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
18 "As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.
19 "And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth.
(NKJ)

neologist

Reply Fri 1 May, 2015 10:33 am
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
Well I can say I only have one view of truth.
Yet you claim ignorance of the truth when challenged by Smiley's legitimate post. Apparently you view truth in a squeaky fashion, bro.
Squeakybro

Reply Fri 1 May, 2015 02:49 pm
@neologist,
Do you want to take a shot at what he was saying? I told him I didn't understand.
neologist

Reply Fri 1 May, 2015 03:35 pm
@Squeakybro,
Did you read chapter 9?
To what did Jesus refer before your citations from chapter 10?
Squeakybro

Reply Fri 1 May, 2015 04:51 pm
@neologist,
The bible is written in the milk context. But when the Holy Spirit quotes, He changes the context. It wouldn't do any good for me to go read the milk context. When the Holy Spirit has put it in a meat context. I either believe it or reject it. And if I reject it the Holy Spirit stops teaching me. I start going backwards.

Luke 9:62
62 But Jesus said to him, "No one, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God."
(NKJ)

neologist

Reply Fri 1 May, 2015 06:56 pm
@Squeakybro,
OK, Squeak.
I see for you it's true.
It's never too late to obfuscate.
Up. Up. And away.
With the a2k sashay.
Squeakybro

Reply Fri 1 May, 2015 07:09 pm
@neologist,
ok I guess.
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 10:10 am
@Squeakybro,
Sorry for the delay Squeaky, I have had a lovely weekend away with the family. I will try to be more clear for you. Follow through John 9 to the verses you quoted and think about these questions.
Who was Jesus speaking to and about what? what question had been raised after he healed the blind man?

What is more, use your powers of discernment for just a second. What reason would Jesus have to discredit the scriptures that verified who he was to the Jews and specifically to the Pharisees to whom he spoke.

Squeakybro

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 11:48 am
@Smileyrius,
Confusion. You ask who was He speaking to. Then you said He was speaking to the Pharisees. Do you see my confusion?
Smileyrius

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 12:24 pm
@Squeakybro,
Sorry Squeaky, I hope you will forgive my giving the answer away. I was caught between a rhetoric and a straight question. It is not my intention to confuse you, merely to prompt you to inspect your teaching.

Let me know if you want more clarification
Squeakybro

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 01:56 pm
@Smileyrius,
I only teach one thing. Find the Holy Spirit and follow Him. And He only quotes verses.
I try to demonstrate that in most all of my repies. He is the only guarantee in the whole bible.

John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
(NKJ)

2 Cor 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
(NKJ)

neologist

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 02:04 pm
@Squeakybro,
Try to stay on point.
Smileyrius

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 04:27 pm
@Squeakybro,
The spirit you speak to has here led you to assert that Jesus was declaring the writers of the the Hebrew Scriptures to be robbers and thieves. This is no small accusation. It undermines the very foundation for belief in a Messiah.

Perhaps you do not intend to teach, however you are utilising scripture out of context in support of an idea that is not alluded to in the text. By doing this in a public forum, you are, perhaps mistakenly, teaching. Just tread very carefully my friend, in case you are wrong.

Luke 24:27. John 1:45. Acts 3:18&24. Acts 8:34-36, Acts 13:27
Squeakybro

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 04:37 pm
@neologist,
Are you JW