Squeakybro

Reply Thu 7 May, 2015 05:47 am
@neologist,

Matt 10:29-31
29 "Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father's will.
30 "But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.
31 "Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.
(NKJ)

Smileyrius

Reply Thu 7 May, 2015 10:06 am
@Squeakybro,
Can you explain the reasoning behind the addition of the word "will" in that translation? it changes the meaning of the text entirely.

From what I see, there is no word that supports any concept of Gods will behind a sparrow falling.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 7 May, 2015 11:52 am
@Squeakybro,
Many translations end vs 29 with the word 'father'
Many others more appropriately end the vs with 'father's knowledge'

But 'father's will'? That's why we have parallel translations.

You seem to be having trouble digesting that meat, squeaks.

Why not read Romans 5:12 and see if that helps you understand the origin of death.
Squeakybro

Reply Thu 7 May, 2015 01:34 pm
@neologist,
You can pick at it all you want it doesn't change what I received. Now I couldn't have received it if it wasn't the Word of God. Because the Holy Spirit only quotes Gods Word. Instead of giving into all your doubts, why not start questioning your doubts. I notice they always come in the carnal language. Where as what I receive is always in the Spiritual language. When you question me it is always carnally, doesn't that tell you something about where your thoughts and complaints are coming from?

Luke 24:38
38 And He said to them, "Why are you troubled? And why do doubts arise in your hearts?
(NKJ)

James 1:6-8
6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.
7 For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord;
8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.
(NKJ)

neologist

Reply Thu 7 May, 2015 01:37 pm
@Squeakybro,
Did you read Romans 5:12?
Squeakybro

Reply Thu 7 May, 2015 01:39 pm
@neologist,
I haven't had any spiritual reason to.
neologist

Reply Thu 7 May, 2015 01:42 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
. . . Now I couldn't have received it if it wasn't the Word of God. Because the Holy Spirit only quotes Gods Word. . .
Satan quotes God's word also. Do you need a citation?
neologist

Reply Thu 7 May, 2015 01:44 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
I haven't had any spiritual reason to.
More important to maintain your squeakiness, eh?
Squeakybro

Reply Thu 7 May, 2015 01:47 pm
@neologist,
Satan only quotes old testament. If he quoted new testament he would glorify Christ. And his kingdom would be divided.

Matt 12:25-28
25 But Jesus knew their thoughts, and said to them: "Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand.
26 "If Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then will his kingdom stand?
27 "And if I cast out demons by Beelzebub, by whom do your sons cast them out? Therefore they shall be your judges.
28 "But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you.
(NKJ)

Squeakybro

Reply Thu 7 May, 2015 01:47 pm
@neologist,
lol I like that.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 7 May, 2015 02:00 pm
@Squeakybro,
Romans 5:12 is not in the 'old testament'. Does your spirit not wish you to answer the question I asked?
Smileyrius

Reply Thu 7 May, 2015 03:52 pm
@Squeakybro,
Quote:
You can pick at it all you want it doesn't change what I received. Now I couldn't have received it if it wasn't the Word of God. Because the Holy Spirit only quotes Gods Word. Instead of giving into all your doubts, why not start questioning your doubts. I notice they always come in the carnal language. Where as what I receive is always in the Spiritual language. When you question me it is always carnally, doesn't that tell you something about where your thoughts and complaints are coming from?

can you actually define the spiritual language? the complaints are arising from the very language you speak. You are quoting scriptures that don't say what you say they do.

My Grievances Squeaky are born of a love for scripture. so I will share with you my perception. make of it what you will.

You take a scripture, redefine it's context and in some cases the very wording. You are comfortable with words being added and taken away to support translation bias.
You define scriptural terms outside of scripture, requiring quotations outside of context to support them, and thus changing the very meaning of what was written.
You engage atheists in pointless and childish retorts, antagonising them and again, quoting scripture to condemn them, the judgment is yours, not that of scripture. You quote "do not cast pearl before swine" amidst a perfect example of you dishing up a bevvy of pearls. Jesus taught to love even your enemy, in the hope that one day you may gain them. go back and see how many times you start your retorts with the terms LOL, ROFL and ROFLOL.
You use the terms milk and meat to elevate yourself above your contemporaries, claiming you have been sent by God, and have special understanding. You fail to show any evidence of this "understanding" you show a collection of knowledge, but you fail to explain any of it especially when questioned. You tell it, but when questions are asked, you cast them into the milk and tell them they could not perceive it as you do. Jesus on the other hand, invited questions, he answered and explained what he meant to his disciples.

You have shown disregard not only for the Hebrew Scriptures, but also for your misapplication and misuse of the Greek Scriptures. Ignoring what is written in favor of cut and shut snippets that support your exegesis.

Your teachings are at times dangerous. examples?
Children die as part of Gods will
You must not have "emotions"
Satan is employed by God and is performing his will
Suffering is necessary to Gods plans
Hebrew Scriptures were full of and written by robbers and thieves. This includes Abraham, Moses, all of the prophets, king David.
When you have the "meat understanding" what is actually written no longer needs apply, mistranslations, additions and redactions free of context are part of how Jesus wants you to have it.
you teach that we should accept your word, over what we read in scripture, even when it is at odds, merely accepting that the understanding is beyond us until we are "in the meat"

I am sorry Squeaky, but I am not one to accept the word of man against scripture, something you are a little too loose with for my liking.

Please keep in mind that this is a perception, how much is truth you are welcome to discuss with me, I have been wrong before, and I welcome when I am wrong in these instances.
Squeakybro

Reply Thu 7 May, 2015 03:56 pm
@neologist,
I answered the question.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Thu 7 May, 2015 04:06 pm
@Smileyrius,
Spiritual language is done with all verses. Every verse has a milk and a meat understanding to it. Once one learns the different understandings they can discern much better what the Holy Spirit is teaching them. First they must prove that they believe the Holy Spirit. No I don't add one word to the verses or take one word away from the verses. Now if your referring to a different translation we all know that some translations are false doctrine. But if they are false the Holy Spirit won't quote them. Which seems to be the case with a lot of people I talk to. Because they never get guided by verses. If I get a verse I share it. What it does to others is between them and God. Now that was for the first half of your reply. I will answer the second half next.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Thu 7 May, 2015 04:19 pm
@Smileyrius,
Your right I don't have emotions, I have crucified my flesh with all its emotions and feelings. And nothing you can say can hurt my feelings. So feel free to say what ever you want.

Gal 5:24
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
(NKJ)

Now as far as loving my enemies I do. Understanding that love is not an emotion but an action. I stick to the facts. If you want to know the Holy Spirit you cant be sensitive.

Jude 1:19
19 These are sensual persons, who cause divisions, not having the Spirit.
(NKJ)

All I post is scripture word for word. I don't really care if you accept what I say carnally. I'm only planting seeds.

1 Cor 3:1-14

1 And I, brethren, could not speak to you as to spiritual people but as to carnal, as to babes in Christ.
2 I fed you with milk and not with solid food; for until now you were not able to receive it, and even now you are still not able;
3 for you are still carnal. For where there are envy, strife, and divisions among you, are you not carnal and behaving like mere men?
4 For when one says, "I am of Paul," and another, "I am of Apollos," are you not carnal?
5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers through whom you believed, as the Lord gave to each one?
6 I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase.
7 So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase.
8 Now he who plants and he who waters are one, and each one will receive his own reward according to his own labor.
9 For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, you are God's building.
10 According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it.
11 For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
12 Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw,
13 each one's work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one's work, of what sort it is.
14 If anyone's work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward.
(NKJ)

Smileyrius

Reply Thu 7 May, 2015 05:07 pm
@Squeakybro,
I am not seeking to hurt your feelings Squeaky, you asked me to question my doubts, so I laid them before you. No Malice intended.

Quote:
All I post is scripture word for word. I don't really care if you accept what I say carnally. I'm only planting seeds.

my problem is that you don't. You have adopted a translation but have no interest in what was originally written, even at the cost of understanding, You are in essence putting faith in the interpretation of men, rather than in the words of the gospels. Take for instance your most recent quotation of Matthew 10. Your translation added a word that changed the meaning, and you did not bat an eyelid. That is for me a cause for concern. You claim it was given you by the holy spirit, but I am yet to see any reason to believe this.
Squeakybro

Reply Thu 7 May, 2015 05:39 pm
@Smileyrius,
I don't think there is any malice. And you cant hurt my feelings. Really. I hope you realize that the bible is written in the milk understanding. And that it takes the Holy Spirit to lead someone into the meat understanding. The milk understanding is where people use interpretation to decide what a verse means. The meat understanding is where the Holy Spirit uses verses to discern verses. Everything Jesus spoke He spoke in parables. Everything the apostles gave us was in the milk understanding.

Matt 13:34-35
34 All these things Jesus spoke to the multitude in parables; and without a parable He did not speak to them,
35 that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying: "I will open My mouth in parables; I will utter things kept secret from the foundation of the world."
(NKJ)

1 Cor 3:1-14

1 And I, brethren, could not speak to you as to spiritual people but as to carnal, as to babes in Christ.
2 I fed you with milk and not with solid food; for until now you were not able to receive it, and even now you are still not able;
3 for you are still carnal. For where there are envy, strife, and divisions among you, are you not carnal and behaving like mere men?
4 For when one says, "I am of Paul," and another, "I am of Apollos," are you not carnal?
5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers through whom you believed, as the Lord gave to each one?
6 I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase.
7 So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase.
8 Now he who plants and he who waters are one, and each one will receive his own reward according to his own labor.
9 For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, you are God's building.
10 According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it.
11 For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
12 Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw,
13 each one's work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one's work, of what sort it is.
14 If anyone's work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward.
(NKJ)

0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Thu 7 May, 2015 05:44 pm
@Smileyrius,
They have a section called the Milk and Meat. You should go read that part and I think it will explain a lot to you.
neologist

Reply Thu 7 May, 2015 05:50 pm
@Squeakybro,
Excuse me. But where in the Bible is that section located?
Olivier5

Reply Thu 7 May, 2015 06:12 pm
@neologist,
Nobody was ever "in" Christ, to be fair. The poor boy died a virgin.