Patches

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2015 03:20 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
Won't work.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. I have been around on quite a few forums and I know that what he did is wrong.

Quote:
Besides. Are your beliefs not up to the challenge?
He was not there challenging my faith. He was there bashing it and promoting his own.
Patches

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2015 03:21 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
Oh, and you can block another member.
From a thread I start? How do I do this?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2015 03:21 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
All any real Christian can do is to plant seeds.
Like Matthew 24:14?
Quote:
And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.
BTW, what is the gospel of the kingdom?

Does it have anything to do with Daniel 2:44?
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2015 03:25 pm
@neologist,
how is that done?
Smileyrius

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2015 03:28 pm
@Squeakybro,
if you go to the users personal info, you can "ignore user" and they will kapoof!
neologist

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2015 03:36 pm
@Patches,
Patches wrote:
. . . . .He was not there challenging my faith. He was there bashing it and promoting his own.
You should see all the heat I generate on the Atheist forum.
Also other threads I have started.
Doesn't bother me.
Patches

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2015 03:59 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
Doesn't bother me.
It may be ok to you. But I didn't start the thread to be an outlet to bash on Christianity and promote Atheism.
neologist

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2015 04:24 pm
@Patches,
Neither have been successful at promoting atheism.
Although they have their standard of goofiness, their main contribution is to continually goad you into a defens of your belief. In this, your exegesis has not fared well.
Squeakybro

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2015 05:43 pm
@Smileyrius,
I just thought it would be nice if the way was posted. Thanks
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2015 05:46 pm
@neologist,
Every Christian must be tested.

Luke 22:31-32
31 And the Lord said, "Simon, Simon! Indeed, Satan has asked for you, that he may sift you as wheat.
32 "But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail; and when you have returned to Me, strengthen your brethren."
(NKJ)

neologist

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2015 07:36 pm
@Squeakybro,
But are you ready to defend your faith? - See 2 Peter 3:15
Squeakybro

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2015 08:33 pm
@neologist,
Why?

2 Pet 3:14-15
14 Therefore, beloved, looking forward to these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless;
15 and account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation-- as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you,
(NKJ)

0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2015 09:01 pm
@Patches,
Well, the problem is, Patches: you came here to promote your Christian beliefs and what's good for the goose is perfectly all right for the ganter, right?

Secondly, you are not interested in discussing anything - you and your sidekick here just copy passages from your holy grail book. No one reads it and no one is interested in it. Neologist has asked you perfectly legitimate questions as to what do you think a Christian is?

No answer from you except more copy & paste jobs.

Excuse me, but except making fun of you two, there is really nothing left to talk about as you have nothing to say. All you do is copy & paste. You're not even a good Christian, otherwise you could explain what it entails to be one and what it means to you. Spear me your copy & paste jobs, I don't expect an answer, but this is the reason, no one takes you seriously.

The same goes for Squeakadidl here.
Squeakybro

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2015 03:56 am
@CalamityJane,
No we are not interested in stupid conversations. And the only opinion in the world that is valid is Gods. That copy and paste is Gods opinion. I'm much more interested in His opinion than yours.
0 Replies

Patches

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2015 09:23 am
@CalamityJane,
A good Christian is someone who believes in God and His Son and is of clean spirit.
Squeakybro

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2015 11:32 am
@Patches,
That's true but a lot of these people are full of unclean spirits and they don't know it.
neologist

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2015 12:09 pm
@Squeakybro,
Yes. But Matthew 7:21-23 makes it clear that professed Christianity is insufficient, even if accompanied by 'good works'.

You need to demonstrate how Matthew 24:15 and John 13:35,35 fit into your gospel.
Squeakybro

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2015 01:07 pm
@neologist,
I know I agree.

Matt 7:21-23
21 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
22 "Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'
23 "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'
(NKJ)

neologist

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2015 01:28 pm
@Squeakybro,
So.
You know better than I if you do good works.
How about the important work of preaching the good news, the gospel? Matthew 24:14
What is the good news you would tell us?

Hint:
Daniel 2:44
Psalm 37:11
Matthew 5:5 , 6:10
John 5:28,29
Revelation 21:3,4

Anything sound familiar?
Squeakybro

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2015 03:36 pm
@neologist,
Well part of the good news I would tell you is. Stay out of the old testament.

John 10:7-9
7 Then Jesus said to them again, "Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.
8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
9 "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
(NKJ)