Yellow skin, pale stool?

Kannot

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2015 06:24 am
I am on Vitamin B12 as well as Vitamin D supplements after being diagnosed with low levels of the two.
However, I frequently tend to forget my Vitamin B12 medication.

Recently a couple of colleagues of mine noted my skin yellowing.

At the same time, I myself, and many others do not notice any such coloring, yet, I am afraid I have some condition that causes jaundice.

Despite that my eyes themselves are not yellow although I do have some red lines about my sclera (always have though, likely due to lack of sleep).

I fear this yellowing might be related to a liver problem since my stool was, for the past two days when I checked, pale in color.

Despite that, I am not experiencing any pain nor is my urine darker.

Is my slightly yellow skin just a result of a B12 deficiency and my pale stool a random condition that will pass?
Does stool often change colors without cause for concern?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,501 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2015 07:32 am
@Kannot,
Go see your doctor.
0 Replies

carloslebaron

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2015 08:14 am
@Kannot,
If you were recommended B12 and D vitamins, is because you might not digest properly the food. Probably low release of stomach acids.

The yellow skin color (jaundice) can also be related to the gallbladder, which might have stones, and the releasing of bile to the intestines diminishes, and causes the pale color of stools.

The poor presence of Vitamin B12 and D in your body might be closely related to the poor bile presence in your digestive system for better assimilation.

No other symptoms like itching on the chest is a good indication, but definitively you must see a doctor.
0 Replies