United Nations veto system. Are you for it or against it?

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2014 05:21 am
Why are you for it or against the United Nations veto system?

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2014 12:07 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Security_Council_veto_power this one
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2014 12:27 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Surely there has to be positives and negatives for either side of the discussion. What are they?
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2014 12:42 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Well let me make sure that I understand the basic concept. This is an organization built to promote peace around the world, but if your feet is touching a certain part of the world your representative for that part will have more or less power in speaking your affairs. Am I right?
contrex

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2014 02:23 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
peter jeffrey cobb wrote:

Well let me make sure that I understand the basic concept. This is an organization built to promote peace around the world, but if your feet is touching a certain part of the world your representative for that part will have more or less power in speaking your affairs. Am I right?

Could you try again with that, in English?
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2014 05:00 pm
@contrex,
Well, depending on what nation your feet is touching, your representative to the United Nations ,will carry either more or less of a voice than the other nations. Because a few nations can out vote the rest of the world with a single veto. Am I right?
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2014 07:58 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
So I'm sure having such a system were depending were a World Citizen is stepping, their vote on World affairs has a lesser or greater value. Could you please provide me with your beliefs on why such a system is beneficial or harmful to the mission that the organization was created for.
0 Replies

One Eyed Mind

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2014 08:05 pm
Let's put it this way.

Ignorant people have the same political power as intelligent people because anyone can press a button - we learned that from Dexter's Laboratory.

Do not forget that there are far more stupid people than intellectual people. The votes are based on "numbers", not ideas or details.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2014 08:44 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
So when the World court makes a judgment toward or against the benefit of a Nation, having the sole power to overturn the courts judgment, how does that help or hinder the peace process?
One Eyed Mind

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2014 08:50 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
What the **** are you talking about?

I just said it all.

Your question doesn't seem to be in English.

Can you please rephrase your sentence? It's circular-logic.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2014 09:28 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
Oh , it's that I didn't understand your reply. Are you saying that the nation's that holds the veto power should be based on their education system?
One Eyed Mind

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2014 09:36 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
I am saying that if we want to take our community seriously and our economy seriously, we need to take the process of voting people in seriously because right now, these are not PEOPLE - these are PRIMATES.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2014 10:04 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
What Nation are you referring to? Being that all humans share a common ancestor, which of our cousins are you referring to?
One Eyed Mind

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2014 10:19 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Anybody that operates on a fickle brain span.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 03:48 am
@One Eyed Mind,
Could you please use simple language for my simple mind ? Is there a particular representative of a Nation that you believe that this person is not qualify for the job? Could you name any of these people you are referring to?
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 11:46 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
If you combine all the people from the 10 most populated Countries in the World, it would still be less than half of the World's population. So why does any one Nation hold the power to overturn the rest of the World's decisions?
contrex

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 12:36 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
peter jeffrey cobb wrote:
So why does any one Nation hold the power to overturn the rest of the World's decisions?

Who says that any one nation does hold that power?
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 01:06 pm
@contrex,
Is that not the meaning of a veto ?
One Eyed Mind

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 01:26 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Here's my advice.

Don't create a society that has education systems on the lowest priority and not passing laws that forbids schools from scamming their way to the "top schools" by abusing numbers and sources.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 01:34 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
The internet with over 80% of the World's knowledge , a computer screen away, it's a great first step in fixing this problem :-)