Aristotle and Thomas Aquinas on the Topic: Kyoto Protocol

Rayson

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2014 09:39 am
Hello:)
I'm a student currently undertaking a study on philosophy and I am interested in understanding what are Aristotle and Thomas's view on the Kyoto Protocol.
I understand Aristotle treats happiness as the end point for all human, thus the term eudaimonia. From my understanding of the Kyoto Protocol, Kant will disagree that the Protocol is ethical as humanity is treated as a mean to achieve an end (monetary gain from the emission trading system) but I would like to know how Aristotle and Thomas would view the Protocol.

Thanks!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 873 • Replies: 4
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2014 12:49 pm
@Rayson,
lets fire up the time machine
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2014 07:58 pm
@Rayson,
Rayson wrote:

Hello:)
I'm a student currently undertaking a study on philosophy and I am interested in understanding what are Aristotle and Thomas's view on the Kyoto Protocol.
I understand Aristotle treats happiness as the end point for all human, thus the term eudaimonia. From my understanding of the Kyoto Protocol, Kant will disagree that the Protocol is ethical as humanity is treated as a mean to achieve an end (monetary gain from the emission trading system) but I would like to know how Aristotle and Thomas would view the Protocol.

Thanks!!

When you die n go to heaven ask them !
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2014 10:11 pm
@Rayson,
Ray, I hate to be the one to tell you, but Aristotle and St. Thomas Aquinas are both dead. Didn't you see the obituary??
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2014 06:43 am
Aristotle would probably have said something in Greek.
0 Replies