What are your thoughts on my diet? Will it help me lose weight?

Thu 2 Oct, 2014 03:17 pm
I was wondering what your thoughts are on my diet and if you think I will lose weight by eating this way. Now I'm at a healthy weight for my height and age but I'm trying to tone and lose a few pounds so I can feel comfortable. I don't drink pop, only water and hot green tea. I'll give an example of what I had today..obviously I can't add dinner because I haven't had it yet but I will eat the rest of my calories at dinner. I'll probably have something like chicken breast and veggies with another salad..I'm kind of undecided.

Breakfast: 1 cup Special K cereal = 110 calories
Lunch: Turkey wrap = 255 calories
Snacks: 1.5 cup salad no dressing = 32 calories
Greek Yogurt = 150

My diet is something like this everyday..no I don't only eat these things because then I wouldn't be getting the proper nutrients but I never go over my calories and have been exercising. I would really appreciate any thoughts or suggestions!

jespah

Thu 2 Oct, 2014 03:26 pm
@lexiiilynn1,
You're pretty heavy on the carbs, it seems, at least for what you've listed. I also suspect you're not eating enough, but without knowing your age, gender, or wtf is in a turkey wrap, or how much water you're really drinking, etc., it's hard to tell.

Do yourself a favor. Check out an actual diet website:
http://www.sparkpeople.com/

Fill in your info and be detailed and specific and see what they tell you.

In the interests of full disclosure, I am only a member of that site and am not an owner. I receive zero monetary compensation for recommending them.
CalamityJane

Thu 2 Oct, 2014 03:33 pm
@lexiiilynn1,
So far so good, but there are other factors that play in it: age, height, lifestyle (sedentary/active) to determine the right calories for you. You'll find plenty of apps on your smart phone that can aid you in that.

You can have a bit of protein for breakfast - make some omelet from egg whites with an avocado. It will give you more energy throughout your day and plenty of good fats from the avocado (it's also good for your skin).
Cereals in general tend to be high in sugar and part of the processed foods one should avoid. If you like cereal, make your own with good grains and nuts.

Your lunch is good - turkey (protein) wrap (carbohydrates) and a salad.
Do you make your own wrap or do you buy it? Making your own is of course better, add some cucumbers, red bell peppers to it. You can switch to a tuna salad with vegetables, or even some pasta.

Eating carbohydrates for lunch is not bad, you will have enough time to burn it off during the reminder of the day. Eating carbs for dinner is not recommended, as people are usually winding down after dinner and become more sedentary. Fish/chicken/beef with vegetables for dinner would be best. If you're still hungry, eat some cheese with fruit afterwards.

You should have 2 servings of fruit per day.
lexiiilynn1

Thu 2 Oct, 2014 03:37 pm
@jespah,
Thanks for sharing the info I'll be checking into it. My turkey wraps are just multigrain wraps with turkey, lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, and spinach. I don't have much time to eat at work so its the simplest thing I can take besides salad. I drink ridiculous amounts of water thats all I have the entire day so I couldn't tell you. I'm 20 and a female. Today I was a little shorter on calories but I didn't include my veggies and fruit for snacks. I just wanted to list somewhat of an example. I use myfitnesspal and it seems to think I'm on track with carbs, calories, and protein after I enter the whole day. Idk how much to trust it though.
0 Replies

lexiiilynn1

Thu 2 Oct, 2014 03:49 pm
@CalamityJane,
I'm pretty active all day I have a walking/standing job, I'm on my feet all day. I do make those egg white omelettes for breakfast but I've been rushing the entire so I chose cereal this morning. I do make my own wraps at home. I do light exercise before work and then I do more exercise when I get home.. after dinner I usually go on walks because my boyfriend works midnights and he likes to go with me. I'm 20, and about 5'6.
farmerman

Fri 3 Oct, 2014 10:39 am
@lexiiilynn1,
you need more bacon in the mix. Bacon is the one food group that can be counted on for adequate weight concern.
0 Replies

sierraB

Wed 15 Oct, 2014 08:58 am
Eating less is not a solution, you need to add more calories in your diet and and you can twice the snacks.
Ultimately this is not a good diet plan. Diet is not only the factor which works for weight loss you need to workout properly and proper rest is also much important.
0 Replies

carloslebaron

Wed 15 Oct, 2014 12:25 pm
I have added plain yogurt to my daily diet, and I mixing a huge cup of it with coffee and two spoons of sugar otherwise will test ugly.

And, good news, I am losing weight, literally more than a pound and a half every day, and I can tell because I have clogged the toilet twice this week.
0 Replies

Wilso

Wed 15 Oct, 2014 10:19 pm
If you take in less calories than you burn off, you will lose weight. If you take in more calories than you burn off, you will gain weight.
0 Replies

AnnYoung

Wed 5 Nov, 2014 10:56 pm
@lexiiilynn1,
However, losing weight not only depend on your diet alone . You also need to be exercise regularly, eat a balanced diet, eat more fruits and vegetables, drink plenty of water and get enough sleep. You can also try to take natural weight loss supplements for better results.
0 Replies

mamo5002000

Thu 20 Nov, 2014 04:07 am
@lexiiilynn1,
It's OK, But have some info may help you more.
Drink natural fresh juice every day.
Try honey and cinnamon mixture before breakfast around 1 hour.
Eat more than 3 times daily but little, healthy food, Don't eat three main meals.
Last and the most important is to march, walk and walk and walk every day.

Good luck
0 Replies

BruceGarcia

Wed 19 Aug, 2015 06:01 am
The diet is fine, but you may take some salads with fresh ingredients. Eat more that 3 times but not in huge quantity. You may take some supplementary pills which will add more effect in losing your weight.
0 Replies

syfsupps

Fri 3 Jun, 2016 09:18 pm
@lexiiilynn1,
Your meal/diet looks okay as long as you really workout to put off those calories intake. I suggest you also drink green tea, it helps a lot in weight loss and also add up some veggies too. Smile
0 Replies

skylight

Sun 5 Jun, 2016 04:54 pm
@lexiiilynn1,
Looks good. You can also add some fruits to your diet. You can even also eat rice and meat but you just have to limit to 1/2 cup and a small piece of chicken/beef/fish. Plus, regular exercise will help you lose weight.
0 Replies

Hanerykroze

Wed 29 Jun, 2016 04:19 am
@lexiiilynn1,
According to your job, As you mentions all the time you are on you your feet, Then you do not need the diet char to loose your weight. Just avoid taking fast food.
0 Replies

Wisdom-Square

Sat 26 Nov, 2016 03:51 pm
@lexiiilynn1,
Honestly, I would stop eating Special K cereal... in general I would replace anything that has "whole wheat" with a hot porridge made from einkorn, teff, and fonio (or pancakes). Those are the best "ancient grains" and people that are allergic to gluten would be alright with them. With this I would make my own freshly squeezed juice. For lunch I would loose the "deli turkey slices" and bread from the wrap. Although it's convenient you could instead have miscellaneous pieces of fruit or a container of berries or a variation of the peanut butter sandwich using real rye bread and tahini (made from sesame seeds) instead of pb. The salad is not bad, but if you could add watercress (which doesn't have much of a taste anyway) to it then you would boost the nutrients you're actually getting from the salad by a lot. The common theme behind my recommendations come from eating "non-hybrid" food, which will always contain more minerals than hybrid food and won't stick in the body as easily causing us to get fat.
0 Replies

joannawood1245

Tue 14 Feb, 2017 04:25 am
@lexiiilynn1,
u may need to eat more Vegetable and fruit and protein, and pratice Yoga., it is helpful.
0 Replies