Harry Potter Movies V.S. The Books

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 10:43 am
I love the Harry Potter books, I also love the movies. I feel that a lot of what is in the book isn't in the movies and that kinda takes away from the movie experience. I really want to know what everyone else thinks. I love both of them but I am upset that a lot of things were left out of the movies.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,779 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 12:01 pm
They're both very good, although the books are somewhaqt better.
0 Replies

aimeemarie123

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 12:35 pm
thank yo brandon for your imput...
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 10:04 am
It's an old story -- the length and detail of the books (like LOTR) would make the movie six hours or more in length. Just not possible for theatrical release -- it's unfeasible to, say, break up each book into two or three movies. I haven't read the books but enjoy the movies.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 10:06 am
I don't like Harry Potter.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 10:25 am
Ah, bad date, huh?
0 Replies

booklover

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 09:14 am
I voted for 'books better' because, well, I like books better than movies (for further clarification of this point, see my username). I don't think they are bad movies, but the Harry Potter series (in reading) returns me to that point in childhood when I would read in bed with a flashlight under the covers just to get to the end of the book. I read a lot of pretty diverse fiction (including other children's books), but the only book I have stayed up all night to finish in the last year was HP & the Order of the Phoenix. Okay, I didn't buy it at midnight on June 21 (or whatever) because I'm 35 years old, and have to pretend to act like an adult most of the time, but I got it pretty soon after that.

The movies can never recreate what you see in your head when you are reading a really good book. Your own imagination will always be more compelling to you than a filmmakers.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 09:18 am
To me, the movies are like pictorials of the books - illustrations without the essence of the stories.
0 Replies

idcputsomething

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 07:45 pm
who cares
im new here but ive read each hary potter book probably about 5-6 times theyre great! Smile
0 Replies

aimeemarie123

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 09:34 am
welcome... idcputsomething. thanks for coming to my string.
0 Replies

Murgie

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 01:07 pm
the latest hp movie was better than the first 2, at least daniel radcliffes(harry potter) acting is slowly improving!!

But no matter what film is made of a book, the books will always beat the film, i think this is because in the end when you read the book you use your imagination, which always is different to the directors interpretation and limitations of the film industry so you end up feeling dissapointed that what you imagined isn't up on the big screen.

if that makes sense!!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 01:09 pm
I have to admit, I haven't read the books, but I did see the first two movies. I thought that Rowling had absolute control over the scripts, to keep the movies as close to her writing as possible, no?
0 Replies

aimeemarie123

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2004 11:00 am
I think it is wierd that they changed the set in the newest HP movie... new director new set? that was kinda wierd. and they left out the fact that harry's father was a person who can morph into an animal too. and that is why when harry saves himself from the dementor his thing is a horse.
0 Replies