HARRY POTTER MOVIES: Your favorite actor or actress

Zedd

Reply Wed 19 May, 2004 08:42 am
How many of have watched all of the Harry Potter movies and had read ALL of the Harry Potter books? Are you a Harry Potter fanatic?

So share who is your favorite Harry Potter movie actor or actress.

For me, I would definitely say Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) and Emma Watson (Hermione).

How about you?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,233 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 19 May, 2004 09:13 am
Me.

I liked Richard Harris, although the character of Dumbledore is so great that it gave Harris a bit of an advantage. I also like Alan Rickman who plays Preofessor Snape, and Robie Coltrane as Hagrid.
0 Replies

buffytheslayer

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 04:10 pm
I like them all. That's one of the many things I have liked about the Potter films. The casting for every role seems to be perfect. Alan Richman as Prof Snape. The three kids. Malfoy. Kenneth Branaugh in #2. Emma Thompson in the new one. It's like once I see the movie, I think the role was already written with (that person) in mind. I know they're geared for a bit younger demographic. But I loved the books, I've liked both movies. I can't wait for the new one.

Even with Dumbledore switching actors due to Richard Harris' death, I think it will be seamless.

I wish it could be worked out that the three kids and Malfoy continue with their role through all films. I mean, unless they grow beards and get bald, please figure it out! I don't want to see other actors playing Harry, Hermione, or Ron. Even Malfoy. Same guy.
0 Replies

Zedd

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 11:56 am
hey buffy,

just wondering...i'm a little outta of it. Who is Kenneth Branaugh and Emma Thompson? Who did they play?

Also, who is out to see the new movie this weekend?!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 12:08 pm
I saw Gary Oldman interviewed on his role as the "villain" in the next film opening Friday. From what he has described it looks to me like he could be the best characterization yet.

Who is Kenneth Branaugh? He made what was likely the best of the Shakespeare films "Henry IV."

Emma Thompson was recently the angel in "Angels in America" miniseries on HBO.
0 Replies

Zedd

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 12:13 pm
ahhh...i see

also, does any1 know who is the girl playing Cho Chang (Harry Potter's lover)?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 12:45 pm
Everything you wanted to know about the Harry Potter movies and aren't afraid to ask:

http://www.imdb.com/find?tt=on;mx=20;q=Harry%20Potter
0 Replies

buffytheslayer

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 04:36 pm
Zedd wrote:
hey buffy,

just wondering...i'm a little outta of it. Who is Kenneth Branaugh and Emma Thompson? Who did they play?

Also, who is out to see the new movie this weekend?!
Kenneth Branaugh is a British actor, he played Professor Lockhart in the 2nd Harry Potter film. His character was the bumbling guy who used a memory charm on everyone so they would forget he didn't really know magic but he was really egotistical and full of himself and wrote lots of books and had a big fan club. A buffoonish guy, and he played it perfect in the movie.

Emma Thompson - ironically enough, used to be married to Kenneth Branaugh. Also a British actress, she was in Sense and Sensibility and Wit on HBO, etc. She's going to play Professor Trelawney in the new film that starts on Fri. I've seen a few trailers, she wears these bug eyed glasses that magnifiy her eyes WAY big. She teaches Divination and is supposedly a 'seer', which doesn't bode well for Harry.

I can't wait! I luv the books and - so far - I have luved the movies. I'm interested to see what this new director does. I saw Y Tu Mama Tambien. Interesting.
0 Replies