maxdancona

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2014 01:30 pm
@Kolyo,
There have been zero outbreaks of Ebola in any Western country.

An outbreak means a disease that quickly spreads. This hasn't happened. Ebola isn't spreading. There 3 nurses (2 in the US and 1 in Spain) who caught the disease while treating very sick patients. This is not outbreak in any sense of the word.

The scientists keep saying that Ebola is very difficult to transmit. Even in Africa the disease isn't being spread in public. It is being spread to family members who are caring for loved ones without adequate protection.

Ebola doesn't spread by casual public contact. The science says this. All of the evidence in Western countries confirms this. The experience in Africa confirms this.

The fear of an Ebola outbreak in the US is ridiculous.

0 Replies

katsung47

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 02:18 pm
869. Ebola was planned for the November plot (11/30/2014)

In late October and early November, the propaganda of Ebola reached its peak, then scattered away.

Quote:
MSNBC’s Chris Hayes Shames Fox and CNN’s Ebola panic: ‘Well done, everyone’
Nov 11, 2014

MSNBC host Chris Hayes marked the official containment of the Ebola virus in the U.S. on Tuesday with a tongue-in-cheek look back at the panicked approach many of his fellow cable news hosts took in covering the issue.

http://youtu.be/ESgEAJZisbw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESgEAJZisbw

Someone says, “This video highlights the fear mongering that took place in the weeks leading up to the election”. They noticed unusual Ebola panic wave waged by the media. It was not for mid-term election. No party benefited from the Ebola crisis. It was planned with a murder case in a cruise trip. The cruise trip started on November 4th - a coincidence with the election date. Though the murder plan went soured, the Feds quickly announced they will continue to use same tactic in new plot.

Quote:
US looking past Ebola to prepare for next outbreak
By LAURAN NEERGAARD 11/24/2014

WASHINGTON (AP) — The next Ebola or the next SARS. Maybe even the next HIV. Even before the Ebola epidemic in West Africa is brought under control, public health officials are girding for the next health disaster.

http://news.yahoo.com/us-looking-past-ebola-prepare-next-outbreak-091727881.html;_ylt=AwrSyCRHx3NUz1gAGUHQtDMD

This is a show off of a criminal group. How they persecute people with the bio weapon stored in their bio lab.

See articles at: http://katsung.forumotion.com/t2-how-the-feds-persecute-people
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 08:09 am
Company Associated With Ebola Con Man Takes Down Website After BuzzFeed News Story

MailMySharps.com claimed to sell medical waste equipment, but much of its website was apparently copied from a competing company.

MailMySharps.com is associated with Bio-Recovery, the controversial company hired to clean up Ebola in New York City. A follow-up to an ongoing BuzzFeed News investigation.

posted on Dec. 8, 2014, at 4:22 p.m.
Andrew Kaczynski BuzzFeed News Reporter
Alex Campbell BuzzFeed News Reporter

MailMySharps.com, before it was taken down.

A company associated with the con man hired to clean up Ebola in New York City has taken down most of its website content after BuzzFeed News exposed last week that much of it was copied directly from a competing company.

The company, MailMySharps.com, claimed to sell medical waste equipment, but its website featured material apparently copied directly from a Texas-based company, Sharps Compliance.

After BuzzFeed News asked Sharps Compliance about the similarities between the websites, Sharps Compliance sent a legal letter demanding that MailMySharps.com take down “all content related to or stolen from” the company by Dec. 10, said Sharps Compliance’s director of marketing, Dennis Halligan, in an email.

Now, MailMySharps.com has disappeared, and its URL instead goes directly to Bio-Recovery Corp., the company New York City hired to clean up Ebola; the city has stopped working with Bio-Recovery pending a review. Links to the FAQ page, about page, contact page, and all other pages now return a message, “Oops! That page can’t be found.”

An ongoing BuzzFeed News investigation has found that Sal Pane, who was the city’s main contact for the Ebola contract, has made numerous false claims about his and the company’s experience. In fact, Pane has a long and colorful history of telling falsehoods, is a mortgage scammer and convicted felon, and showed up with his crew to the Harlem apartment of Ebola patient Dr. Craig Spencer on Oct. 24 in a truck bearing permit numbers that belonged to a dead man.

When called on Monday, Pane hung up on BuzzFeed News. He did not respond to emails asking why the site was taken down.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 08:33 am
The hype on CNN and FOX News began around August. Since then the outbreak has increased dramatically. Yet today, not a single mention of ebola on the US version of CNN.com or Fox News. And very few people are talking about it any more.

http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/images/graph1-cumulative-reported-cases.jpg

It's amazing how sensitive the public is to the Media.

Anyway, here's some recent data to be aware of: http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/outbreaks/2014-west-africa/cumulative-cases-graphs.html

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 08:04 am
Time magazine's 2014 Person of the Year: Ebola fighters
Matt Murray TODAY

1 hour ago

http://media2.s-nbcnews.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Video/141210/tdy_lauer_brantley_141210.vembedmed.jpg

Time magazine has selected the Ebola fighters, who have fought to contain the deadliest Ebola outbreak in history, as its 2014 Person of the Year.

The title, according to the magazine, goes to an individual or group who, for better or worse, has had the biggest impact on the world and the news over the course of the previous year.

"It’s an incredible honor," Dr. Kent Brantly, medical missions advisor for Samaritan's Purse and the first American to be affected with the virus, said Wednesday on TODAY of the shared title.

"Those who paid the highest price for their service are themselves West Africans. It’s an honor for me to be considered as a part of that group."
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 06:31 pm
Good news from Mali: the last active case has been cured, and the number of countries with active cases is back down to 3.

So it didn't gain a foothold there as I had feared.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/12/11/us-health-ebola-mali-idUSKBN0JP2HG20141211
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2014 06:33 am
@Kolyo,
Kolyo wrote:

Good news from Mali: the last active case has been cured, and the number of countries with active cases is back down to 3.

So it didn't gain a foothold there as I had feared.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/12/11/us-health-ebola-mali-idUSKBN0JP2HG20141211

Humans dodged another bullet.

More undoubtedly are on the way.

Here's hoping we are as lucky with the others.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2014 07:52 am
@Frank Apisa,
Dodged a bullet Frank??? What are you talking about?

Over 16,000 caught the disease and 6,000 died. This is about as bad as an Ebola outbreak gets.

We weren't lucky at all. This was bad.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2014 08:28 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Dodged a bullet Frank??? What are you talking about?

Over 16,000 caught the disease and 6,000 died. This is about as bad as an Ebola outbreak gets.

We weren't lucky at all. This was bad.

One meteor or asteroid impact killed off almost the entire of the dominant species of the planet.

In various plagues and Flu epidemics throughout history...the death toll among humans was in the tens of millions.

If an asteroid impacts Earth, chances are tens of millions, perhaps hundreds of millions of people will die.

Max...6,000 died in the Ebola hit.

Not to put too fine a point on it, it makes plenty of sense to suggest that we humans dodged a bullet here.

We were lucky.

izzythepush

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2014 08:32 am
@Frank Apisa,
Compared to previous epidemics we certainly did.

Quote:
The 1918 flu pandemic (January 1918 – December 1920) was an unusually deadly influenza pandemic, the first of the two pandemics involving H1N1 influenza virus. It infected 500 million people across the world, including remote Pacific islands and the Arctic, and killed 50 to 100 million of them—three to five percent of the world's population—making it one of the deadliest natural disasters in human history

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1918_flu_pandemic

Compared to that, 6000 seems like small potatoes.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2014 08:44 am
@Frank Apisa,
Ebola is not a meteor, Frank.

You are correct that if Ebola ever becomes a 10,000 Kg rock hurling toward the Earth from space and impacting over a population center, then it would have the potential of killing tens of millions of people.

Yes... I shudder to think about a giant Ebola space rock virus... although I think that is probably unlikely and not worth our time thinking about.

Ebola is not the flu. The flu is a very contagious disease that actually has the ability to kill millions of humans. Ebola is not the plague, again a disease that spreads rapidly in urban centers through pests.

Ebola is a specific organism, a virus that doesn't spread very easily. It only spreads in specific circumstances where people make physical contact with the dead and dying. This is why it doesn't spread in developed Western countries and can be controlled well with health outreach as long as there are the resources available. This is why there is no significant risk of the virus "killing millions".

You can list all of the disasters you want.

- Ebola is not a meteor, the plague or the flu
- Ebola is not heart disease
- Ebola is not a volcano
- Ebola is not global warming.
- Ebola is also not a zombie apocalypse.

So what is Ebola?

Ebola is a tragedy for the people in West Africa who lost loved ones. They weren't lucky at all... this was the worse Ebola outbreak ever. They were very unlucky.

I wish that people would stop looking at this from such a US/Europe centered perspective.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2014 08:50 am
@maxdancona,
A meteor is just a flash of light, meteorites are what cause the damage.

Compared to previous pandemics ebola is tiny.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2014 08:51 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Ebola is not a meteor, Frank.

You are correct that if Ebola ever becomes a 10,000 Kg rock hurling toward the Earth from space and impacting over a population center, then it would have the potential of killing tens of millions of people.

Yes... I shudder to think about a giant Ebola space rock virus... although I think that is probably unlikely and not worth our time thinking about.

Ebola is not the flu. The flu is a very contagious disease that actually has the ability to kill millions of humans. Ebola is not the plague, again a disease that spreads rapidly in urban centers through pests.

Ebola is a virus that doesn't spread very easily. It only spreads in specific circumstances where people make physical contact with the dead and dying. This is why it doesn't spread in developed Western countries and can be controlled well with health outreach as long as there are the resources available. This is why there is no significant risk of the virus "killing millions".

You can list all of the disasters you want.

- Ebola is not a meteor, the plague or the flu
- Ebola is not heart disease
- Ebola is not a volcano
- Ebola is not global warming.
- Ebola is also not a zombie apocalypse.

So what is Ebola?

Ebola is a tragedy for the people in West Africa who lost loved ones. They weren't lucky at all... this was the worse Ebola outbreak ever. They were very unlikely.

I wish that people would stop looking at this from such a US/Europe centered perspective.

I am not as small minded as you seem to want to think I am, Max.

This indeed was a huge tragedy for the people in West Africa...and for the world. I feel horrible for the people who had to endure it...and I seriously doubt there is an American/European feeling that it was not a tragedy.

But, because of significant advances in science and medicine, we did dodge a bullet...we were lucky.

In no way am I suggesting that because humanity was lucky...that those unfortunate people who did feel the impact of this particular outbreak...were no experiencing a tragedy.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2014 08:59 am
@Frank Apisa,
I am sorry about that last sentence Frank, I didn't mean that to be an attack (after reading it again I can see I said something I don't mean).

My point is that Ebola, as a species, has never had much danger as a world wide epidemic. It doesn't have the traits that make the organisms responsible for massive epidemics so deadly. That is why biologists are much more afraid of the flu than they are of Ebola.

Modern advances in Science and Technology have little to do with preventing an epidemic. Science can keep individual patients alive... but the way to keep the epidemic from spreading is pretty low tech.

Since the only way Ebola spreads is through direct contact with the dead and dying, the way to prevent an epidemic is to stop direct contact with the dead and dying.

That's all it takes. Luck has nothing to do with it.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2014 09:16 am
@maxdancona,
I understand where you are coming from, Max. I over-reacted...and I apologize.

Perhaps my reason for using "lucky" is that despite my normal optimism...there is a pessimistic streak about humanity's place on planet Earth that often dominates my thinking in this area.

I am almost expecting some great calamity that will "thin the herd" so to speak...and the Ebola thing turned out not to be that calamity. And as Izzy pointed out...compared with other events, this was relatively small.

Insofar as it was not the calamity I seem to be expecting, I think of it in terms of "lucky."

In my opinion, Multhus was not entirely correct in his theories about population versus food production growth...

...but more significantly, he was not entirely wrong.

We have a lot of humans on the planet...and as I am sure you will agree, humans often do not "do right" by the place. Without overly anthropomorphizing, I feel nature will eventually have to contain the spread of what may be the most dangerous infestation on this rock...humanity.

I hope I don't live to see it. I'm happy this was not it. It would be wonderful if humanity would grow up and self-impose the restrictions on growth of this one species.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2014 01:52 pm
@Frank Apisa,
We are learning to control human population growth. Population growth is fantastically difficult to model, but our rate of population growth is slowing (no one disputes this). Some forecasters say we will hit a peak in 2055 and that human population will start decreasing from that point.

Pessimism should at least be fact based.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2014 01:57 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

We are learning to control human population growth. Population growth is fantastically difficult to model, but our rate of population growth is slowing (no one disputes this). Some forecasters say we will hit a peak in 2055 and that human population will start decreasing from that point.

Pessimism should at least be fact based.

Why is that?
georgeob1

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2014 03:18 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I don't think it is as accurate to say "we are learning to control population growth" as it is simply an observed fact that more prosperous and comfortable lifestyles tend to signifgicantly reduce human fertility as measured by the number of live births per female. Birth rates world-wide are falling from earlier levels, particularly in fast-developing nations. Many factors appear to affect fertility, including not only economic conditions, but also episodic changes such as occur after many wars and like calamities and others. As a result, long-term predictions are sometimes unreliable.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2014 03:48 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
I don't think it is as accurate to say "we are learning to control population growth" as it is simply an observed fact that more prosperous and comfortable lifestyles tend to signifgicantly reduce human fertility as measured by the number of live births per female.

I disagree George. We are consciously are following programs to lower the number of children born. These programs are effective

- We are promoting and educating people on contraception.
- We are providing contraception, and family planning services as part of humanitarian aid.
- We are providing messaging on family size.
- And we are gaining support for programs which don't relate directly to family planning, but have been shown to reduce family size (i.e. woman's education).

We are taking deliberate steps to lower family size in developing countries, and these programs are having significant measurable success.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 07:39 am
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

It was not I who suggested that "we are learning to control population growth."

I think there is some merit to what you said about that comment...and some to Max's retort.

Under any circumstances...we still have growth...and quite honestly, the herd is already too large. Fewer humans would probably be a very good thing for planet Earth...and nature (once again without unnecessary anthropomorphizing) has a way of "taking care" of matters like that.

We'll see. I wish us the best...but I wish the planet and its other creatures the best also...and I am not sure those two wishes are compatible.