The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2013 10:53 am
Who here has already bought their ticket to Catching Fire? Who else is excited to see this monster blockbuster sequel?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1951264/combined

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/2013-10/enhanced/webdr06/18/8/enhanced-buzz-2361-1382098706-18.jpg
http://www.buzzfeed.com/copyranter/30-mildly-humorous-signs

If you live in the UK, it opens on the 11th of November while it opens in theaters on the 22nd in the US. I got mine two weeks ago. I'll be seeing it on the first opening Saturday with a Meetup.com group.

Linkat

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2013 12:01 pm
@tsarstepan,
My girls are all ready for it. They are planning on going to see it as soon as they can.

Myself as much as I liked the first one, I prefer to wait a couple of weeks until the crowds die down, however, I will most likely go when they go (of course sitting in a different aisle to avoid parent embarassment).
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2013 12:18 pm
@tsarstepan,
We're all really looking forward to it. The previews look amazing.

Like Linkat, I don't go to opening nights but prefer an afternoon showing when it isn't overcrowded.

Linkat, your kids won't sit with you at the movies? Mo and I went to a lot of movies this summer and sitting together wasn't an issue for him. Maybe because it was just the two of us. Is this something I have to look forward to?
Linkat

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2013 01:31 pm
@boomerang,
well they will - but they would prefer not to if their friends are with them.

Although I haven't gone with them with their friends recently. My older daughter will be 15 next week so usually when she goes with her friends I simply drop them off. If my younger one wants to go with her friends often times I have my older girl take them as many of those movies I'm not interested in.

We have gone as a family to others. This one though is one they want to go with friends and I want to see so maybe I'll just sit behind them by myself - although I could see my younger one not minding me next to her especially if I am holding a large bucket of popcorn.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2013 02:24 pm
@tsarstepan,
I didn't like the first one at all. So I won't be seeing the sequel.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2013 05:43 pm
Try Our Expanded Hunger Games Name Generator
http://www.vulture.com/2012/03/hunger-games-name-generator.html

You shall address me as Tenney Edenthaw!
sozobe

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2013 05:49 pm
@tsarstepan,
I'm medium-excited but I will probably (7th-graders are maddeningly unwilling to make plans well ahead of time) be squiring a bunch of girls who are SUPER DUPER INCREDIBLY EXCITED.

I probably will just drop them off if I squire -- they've been fine with me sitting with them thus far though. (I'll wait for captions.)
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2013 07:43 pm
@tsarstepan,
how much money do you spend on movies in an annual year?
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2013 08:43 pm
@farmerman,
That's far too scary a thing to keep track off. Embarrassed
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2013 02:03 pm
@tsarstepan,
roger

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2013 06:20 pm
@tsarstepan,
Ah, not to put too fine a point on it, but she isn't looking quite as hungry as she used to.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2013 04:04 pm
boomerang

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2013 04:12 pm
@tsarstepan,
I loved the Onion's take on it!

Didn't you go see it last night? What did you think?

Our paper gave it a very good review, saying it was better than the first one -- that's rare.

I'm going to try to take Mo on Monday since he gets out of school early.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2013 05:30 pm
@boomerang,
I'm actually seeing it Sat afternoon. Will give a full report then. Smile
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2013 02:25 pm
@tsarstepan,
With 60+ members of a Dinner and a Movie meetup group, we're waiting for the 15:45 screening to start.
boomerang

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2013 02:46 pm
@tsarstepan,
That sounds really fun!

Enjoy!!

I can't wait to hear your review.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2013 07:00 am
@boomerang,
I really enjoyed the film. Once again, Jennifer Lawrence is brilliant as well as Stanley Tucci, Philip Seymour Hoffman. and most of the cast.

It's pretty faithful to the book (in a good way) and for a two and a half hour long movie, it doesn't feel that long.
farmerman

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2013 08:32 am
@tsarstepan,
and the popcorn? tell me about the popcorn.

Im never going to go see this movie, I saw the first one ans a DVD and was underwhelmed. Im not the target demographic anyway.
I watched the old Erol Flynn "Robin Hood" corny, overacted, phony accents, AND WONDERFUL.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2013 08:35 am
@farmerman,
I never buy popcorn from megaplex theaters. Too pricey and usually on the stale side.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2013 09:22 am
@tsarstepan,
Yay! I'm glad it's good.

We have a parent teacher conference this afternoon so I think Mr. B is even going to skip out of work and go to the movie with us!