This could be important

Reply Sun 17 Mar, 2013 07:50 am
http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexknapp/2013/01/27/scientists-build-a-working-tractor-beam/?partner=obtech

So we are getting closer to the Star Trek vision every day.
Granted, these scientists built a miniature version, but everything has to start small.
And I can see some serious advantages to medicine if this actually works.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 3,466 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 17 Mar, 2013 08:01 am
@mysteryman,
Fascinating. I'd imagine something like this would revolutionize cancer surgery. Thanks.
0 Replies

Abishai100

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2013 04:48 pm
@mysteryman,
Star Trek offers many valuable science-fiction ideas that can used by scientists as inspiration storyboards.

Tractor beam conceptualizations speak to NASA's ability to coordinate vehicle management obviously and isn't coordination what we want?

Remember the Star Trek story of the semi-organic species the Borg? Well, in the Hollywood (USA) adaptation "Star Trek: First Contact" (1996), the Borg is a semi-organic, semi-electronic colony species headed by a queen, similar to a bee hive coordination organization.

Star Trek's focus on energy management and functional coordination makes ideas such as Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) and beam field vehicle gathering (tractor beams) things of science vision quests.
0 Replies