Wanting to go strawberry blonde

gordy22

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2012 07:33 pm
Hello everyone,

I am a natural dark brown almost black. My hair is currently bleached completely I even bleach my roots. I have no hair color. My hair is white on some parts and a little yellow on others. I would live to go strawberry blonde. Something like Jessica from True blood not sure if anyone knows what I'm talking about. My question is how do I go there from here. I'm afraid if I dye my hair a strawberry blonde color over this bleached hair it'll turn orange or pink. What is the process? How can I achieve strawberry blonde? Thank you all! Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 5,317 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2012 07:16 am
@gordy22,
Here's an image for people who don't know (I didn't) -

http://ethehunter.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/trueblood-jessica.jpg

Take a good, close look at your natural skin coloring. Strawberry blonde (or any reddish shade) over pale, blue-tinted skin {in the "Color Me Beautiful" books, they call that Winter (these days they go with 12 seasons, see - http://www.prettyyourworld.com/colortheory.html) - think someone like Joan Baez in terms of shading} is going to look weird and brassy and out of place.

To make any color change, I believe you'll need to strip the color first, but do consider, as I mentioned above, how it'll look with your skin tones.
0 Replies

KateMccoy

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2012 07:37 pm
In the context of hair coloring I will suggest you to strip down bleach from hairs so that your hairs might get proper strawberry blonde color. If you imply new color over bleached hairs it might be possible that you will get the same color from what you afraid.
0 Replies