Films Yet to be Made/Released

thiefoflight

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2004 10:20 am
I just read that they are releasing the original "GODZILLA" in theaters this summer!!
It will be the japanese version with subtitles and no Raymond Burr whose scenes were added over here.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2004 01:51 pm
One film that is yet to be made, and I'd love to see is one based on "Ubik", Philip K. Dick's novel.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2004 08:22 pm
I've been hearing for years that there will be a movie made of A Confederacy of Dunces. According to the IMDb page about it (click here ) Will Ferrell is set to play Ignatius J. Reilly. Rolling Eyes Damn! Maybe he'll drop out? Lily Tomlin as his mother sounds good, though.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2004 08:27 pm
I pictured Phillip Seymour Hoffmann. (But I haven't finished the book, so I could be wrong. )
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2004 08:39 pm
I agree, Phillip Seymour Hoffman is a much better choice. I've seen a couple of stage versions of it, but haven't read the book in many years.
0 Replies

BWShooter

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2004 10:29 am
a new version of Willy Wonka starring Depp as Wonka? Strange casting.

other rumors: Fantastic Four (based on the comic book), Alien vs. Predator, and a new version of Fahrenheit 451.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2004 12:49 pm
That IS a very strange casting, BWS!

I'm trying to do the impossible at the moment, though I probably won't get down to it until my year's sabbatical: I'm trying to make a screenplay out of Finnegans Wake.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2004 06:10 pm
drom
I saw a film of Finnegan's Wake in 1968. It was, in my humble opinion, well worth watching. It relied on subtitles to catch the Joycean plays on words, for, the subtitles and words spoken did not necessarily match. It was the only film I've seen in English with English subtitles. To date it has not been put on tape or disk.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2004 10:57 pm
Amazing! I would have loved to have seen that; it's a shame that there's not the support for these kind of things, which Joyce truly deserves. Yet, a considerable number of people don't want a film to challenge them.
0 Replies

BWShooter

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 11:34 am
Van Helsing- Dracula, Wolfman and Mummy
Hungry Breed- horror starring Colin Farrell and Christina Ricci
0 Replies