Lord Of The Rings

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2004 12:55 am
Hey everyone!!!

I know that a alot of people are Lord of The Rings fans but I have a complaint!!! Mad

I agree it was a great movie all them but there is a problem! I know it is a great movie but it is incredibly violent (thats not the problem) well I think that if you want to advertise a Violent movie on tv I dont think that the people on chanel 9, 7 and 10 should not be allowed to advertise in the middle of the day on weekends or when kids are home from school!! Not just this movie but all moies that are over the rating of M15+.

I know that my little brother at the age of 7 Had no interest in Lord Of The Rings the book but as soon as he heard from the tv, radio, and other people that it was so great the graphics were great and movie was fabulous! He pleaded with my mum and dad to go!!! He still hasnt gone!!! And he is really nagry with my mumm and dad but I dont think it is there fault!!!

That is my story and I was wondering whethere all of you guys have an opinion!!!

From Jess Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 746 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Cheeki-Dani

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2004 01:18 am
Go Jess! Smile
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2004 03:52 am
Tell him there's a lot of kissing. Then tell him that they're making 'Finding Nemo 2'. That should distract him.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2004 06:46 am
I'm very old fashioned. I don't think that the world is set up for the convenience of seven year olds--or the convenience of the parents of seven year olds.

Your parents allow your seven-year-old brother to watch television. Therefore they had better be prepared to explain television to him and make it very clear that they--not television advertisers--make the rules in your family.

Part of growing up is learning that you don't get everything that you want, just because you want it.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2004 12:50 pm
Do they show war footage on these particular stations?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2004 02:06 pm
Right, Ceili, I don't know how anyone can shelter a seven-year-old from violence when it is constantly in the news.
0 Replies