Did you make friends easily when you were in school?

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 04:53 pm
How about now that your older?

I'm always really shy and nervous when I meet new people and I never know what to say so it's hard for me to make friends. Once I get to know somebody, then I stop being shy and I start acting myself, ya know what I mean? Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,567 • Replies: 2
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 05:32 pm
@GracieGirl,
I felt like I've described myself and my early shyness many times here at a2k and didn't want to write it all out again, so I searched (see the little search letters at the top of the page, in the dark blue banner?) for the words "I was very shy" and found something like ten pages of threads on the subject. Sometimes a search also leads to unrelated threads, but still, it turned out to be useful. After checking a few of them, I found this post by me, in 2004 - and I agree with what I said there. It was a response to someone who described him or herself as lost and shy.

I guess I'll add that others who are shy may have different feelings about it than I did - so my response is just my take on things.

click on this link: http://able2know.org/topic/18418-1#post-545209

On friends, I was an only child. I had some friends in elementary school, starting in fourth grade, and lost some of my extreme shyness then. But my family moved a lot, and when we moved at the time I went to high school, I didn't know anyone at all, and went back to being more quiet than ever. So that was the situation I described in the link above.
GracieGirl

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 08:40 pm
@ossobuco,
Oh! I never use the search bar. Never had a reason to I guess.

But yeah, It sounds like you felt the same way I feel sometimes when I meet new people. Im not an only child though. I have a brother and a sister, so I guess I shouldnt be as shy as I am sometimes. I get over it once I get comfortable though. And Im not as shy when I meet knew people when Im around my sister or alot of people I already know.
0 Replies