Who would you betray for $25 million?

FBM

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 03:35 am
Just curious. The Osama bin Gotten story made me think. (Yeah, that's the sort of thing it takes these days.) This isn't meant to be too terribly serious, but how far would you go for $25 million? Rat on a couple of friends? Family members? Renounce your religion? Betray your government? What's your limit?

As for me, I'd betray any and everyone I've ever met, anyone you've ever met, their parents, children, friends, and anyone they'd ever met or fantasized about meeting. I'd betray my religion, your religion, if you have one, religious leaders, ideologies. Hell, I'd deify somebody and then betray his/her ass. Benedict Arnold? Dilettante. Judas? Sissy. And dumbass. You don't get the cash and then hang yourself. Rolling Eyes

I can't think of anything/anybody I'd not betray for $25 million, right offhand. But maybe after I think about it a little more deeply.

You?

Setanta

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 04:36 am
Whom . . . whom would you betray for twenty-five million dollars.
FBM

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 04:46 am
@Setanta,
OK. You got me. Whom.
Setanta

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 04:47 am
Uhm . . . just about anybody . . . but not you . . . heaven forfend ! ! !
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 04:53 am
@FBM,
In the interest of full disclosure you should also add that the $25 million - in the case of Osama bin Laden - would come bound with a life expectancy of 24 hours before you got executed, so your question becomes "How would you spend your final 24 hours if you had $25 million at your disposal?"

All things considered I would do the same as the entire Osama entourage did all these years - say "no thank you" to the $25 million and go on with my life Smile
Fido

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 05:24 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Whom . . . whom would you betray for twenty-five million dollars.
My mother, or Jesus Christ; what ever the difference may be since they are about joined at the hip... Looking for mom; just find Jesus... Looking for Jesus; just find mom... She must like the guy because she is always at his house...
0 Replies

Old Goat

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 05:27 am
Are we talking Australian or US Dollars?

If it's US, then I would prefer to be paid in some kind of bullion, if that's OK.
FBM

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 05:35 am
@Old Goat,
USD25 million, since that was the bounty on ObL.

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 05:36 am
@Old Goat,
Beef bullion, or chicken?
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 05:38 am
@High Seas,
High Seas wrote:

In the interest of full disclosure you should also add that the $25 million - in the case of Osama bin Laden - would come bound with a life expectancy of 24 hours before you got executed, so your question becomes "How would you spend your final 24 hours if you had $25 million at your disposal?"

All things considered I would do the same as the entire Osama entourage did all these years - say "no thank you" to the $25 million and go on with my life Smile

Nah, I don't think so. I'm sure the US gummit would guarantee anonymity, since it's free, with that $25 million. This game is: $25 million (USD) and anonymity. High stakes, by Thor.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 05:46 am
This reminds me of that old joke...

A man asks a beautiful woman "Will you have sex with me for $25 million?"

She: Sure!

Would you **** me for $5.00?

Of course not! What kind of woman do you think I am?

Well, we've already determined that. Now we're just negotiating.
Fido

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 07:56 am
@Old Goat,
Old Goat wrote:

Are we talking Australian or US Dollars?

If it's US, then I would prefer to be paid in some kind of bullion, if that's OK.

Bin Ladin would get it; but you do not... The money, even the gold is only good because of the honor behind it, and if you lived some place where honor were really worth something you might realize that fact...The money is supposed to stand for honor which is beyond price, but in our society has come to replace honor, and represent honor... If some one had money in some places the first question asked would be how was it come by... Now it is simply presumed that the money is come by honorably, and no one asks... Yet the down side of this is that no wealth is safe since it is honor, and it comes without questions, and anyone could hold it who could keep it... So, to hold your wealth means forever being on guard, and being on guard against those who are supposed to help you guard your wealth...

You can trust no one any more than others could trust you, and to have this loot in question you already had to prove untrustworthy... Bin Ladin guarded what no man could take from him, and what only he could give up, -something more valuable than life, something that of itself made life possible for all... Having honor takes no honor from anyone, but money to have takes money from all, and where money is dear, honor is cheap... Where honor is dear, money is rare, and where money is rare people are as good as gold, and communities are strong because you must know who you are dealing with, and who has your back, and who will stand fast, and who may cut and run...

The enemy in Pakastan, and Afghanistan was not Bin Ladin, but it is the honor that makes communities possible, and that supports Islam..

One of the reasons it is so expensive is that we are trying to buy what they feel they cannot live without, and very often we only buy the illusion of what we think we have purchaced simply because those people find it so essential... As bad as the place smells we are stinking up the place, and it does not matter if we show up with a boat load of perfume, it is not going to get any better for us... Those people will make their bones taking our lives... If they fight us once and survive they will have shown themselves to be men and all we will be is closer to giving up, and going home...We are trying to buy a moral value with a moral value, that is, with paper dollars that only have their value because people want them, and when their possession means that some one has sold their soul, they will not want them any more...
Fido

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 08:00 am
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

The question reminds me of the guy who quit his job in the circus as a human cannonball... He said to the boss: I'm quiting... You're not paying me enough to be shot out of a cannon three nights a week and twice on Saturday...
The boss said: You Can't Quit!!!... Where am I going to find another man of your caliber???
FBM

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 08:31 am
@Fido,
Fido wrote:

chai2 wrote:

The question reminds me of the guy who quit his job in the circus as a human cannonball... He said to the boss: I'm quiting... You're not paying me enough to be shot out of a cannon three nights a week and twice on Saturday...
The boss said: You Can't Quit!!!... Where am I going to find another man of your caliber???

We apologize to all viewers. The management never anticipated that the programming would sink to such depths. Embarrassed
chai2

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 12:34 pm
@FBM,
FBM wrote:

We apologize to all viewers. The management never anticipated that the programming would sink to such depths. Embarrassed

I got a dozen roses from my boyfriend Ernie the other day. I says to my my girlfriend Clementine “You know what this means. For the next two weeks I’m gonna be flat on my back with my legs wide open.” Clementine says to me “What’s the matter, ain’t you got a vase?”
FBM

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 06:18 pm
@chai2,
You owe me a new keyboard.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 06:21 pm
@FBM,
But wait, I liked it..
FBM

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 06:24 pm
@ossobuco,
Fido's or chai2's?
ossobuco

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 07:03 pm
@FBM,
Alas, I don't remember.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 09:25 pm
@FBM,
Quote:
Just curious. The Osama bin Gotten story made me think. (Yeah, that's the sort of thing it takes these days.) This isn't meant to be too terribly serious, but how far would you go for $25 million? Rat on a couple of friends? Family members? Renounce your religion? Betray your government? What's your limit?

Hmmmm ...
That's very tempting. That's a lot of money & I don't have much.
I think, at a pinch, I could be enticed to betray some person, religion or government I rather dislike for $25 million.
As for betraying a family member, no. They'd haunt you forever after something like that. And family can be hell at the best of times!