Who would you betray for $25 million?

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 09:27 pm
I would betray somebody guilty of heinous crimes. Nobody else I could think of.
FBM

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 09:30 pm
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

Quote:
Just curious. The Osama bin Gotten story made me think. (Yeah, that's the sort of thing it takes these days.) This isn't meant to be too terribly serious, but how far would you go for $25 million? Rat on a couple of friends? Family members? Renounce your religion? Betray your government? What's your limit?

Hmmmm ...
That's very tempting. That's a lot of money & I don't have much.
I think, at a pinch, I could be enticed to betray some person, religion or government I rather dislike for $25 million.
As for betraying a family member, no. They'd haunt you forever after something like that. And family can be hell at the best of times!

Ah. Maybe if I actually liked anybody in my family, I'd have a different viewpoint...
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 09:30 pm
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

Quote:
Just curious. The Osama bin Gotten story made me think. (Yeah, that's the sort of thing it takes these days.) This isn't meant to be too terribly serious, but how far would you go for $25 million? Rat on a couple of friends? Family members? Renounce your religion? Betray your government? What's your limit?

Hmmmm ...
I think, at a pinch, I could be enticed to betray some person, religion or government I rather dislike for $25 million.
As for betraying a family member, no. They'd haunt you forever after something like that. And family can be hell at the best of times!

Ah. Maybe if I actually liked anybody in my family, I'd have a different viewpoint...
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 09:44 pm
@FBM,
who you looking for?

you don't need $25 M, just a couple of rats..

wayne

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 10:11 pm
@FBM,
FBM wrote:

As for me, I'd betray any and everyone I've ever met, anyone you've ever met, their parents, children, friends, and anyone they'd ever met or fantasized about meeting. I'd betray my religion, your religion, if you have one, religious leaders, ideologies. Hell, I'd deify somebody and then betray his/her ass. Benedict Arnold? Dilettante. Judas? Sissy. And dumbass. You don't get the cash and then hang yourself. Rolling Eyes

I can't think of anything/anybody I'd not betray for $25 million, right offhand. But maybe after I think about it a little more deeply.

You?

25 million is a lot of dough.
Man, that's a lotta bread.
Probably anyone but my daughter.
Man thats a lot of money

No not my daughter.

That's a whole lotta simoleans.

Don't piss me off kid.

Naw, couldn't betray my little buddie.

Anybody else though, fair game,
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 11:07 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:

So much more integrity than I have, edgar!
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 12:20 am
@kuvasz,
kuvasz wrote:

who you looking for?

you don't need $25 M, just a couple of rats..

[YOUTUBEhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3OsrpgJ4Ko[/YOUTUBE]

I'm looking for somebody who has $25 million they're willing to let go of...
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 02:51 am
@FBM,
FBM wrote:

As for me, I'd betray any and everyone I've ever met, anyone you've ever met, their parents, children, friends, and anyone they'd ever met or fantasized about meeting. I'd betray my religion, your religion, if you have one, religious leaders, ideologies. Hell, I'd deify somebody and then betray his/her ass. Benedict Arnold? Dilettante. Judas? Sissy. And dumbass. You don't get the cash and then hang yourself. Rolling Eyes

I can't think of anything/anybody I'd not betray for $25 million, right offhand. But maybe after I think about it a little more deeply.

You?

If someone was doing something morally reprehensible enough that a western government was willing to offer that sort of reward, I'd probably betray them "because it is the right thing to do" and then take the reward as a bonus.

But if the reward was because they were doing something I did *not* find to be morally reprehensible, I wouldn't betray anyone for any amount of money.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 02:56 am
@Fido,
Fido wrote:
As bad as the place smells we are stinking up the place, and it does not matter if we show up with a boat load of perfume, it is not going to get any better for us... Those people will make their bones taking our lives... If they fight us once and survive they will have shown themselves to be men and all we will be is closer to giving up, and going home...

We can stay until everyone who opposes us is dead.
0 Replies

Old Goat

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 03:32 am
@Fido,
..."Bin Ladin would get it; but you do not... The money, even the gold is only good because of the honor behind it, and if you lived some place where honor were really worth something you might realize that fact...."

OK, I've got to know.....just how much did your humour by-pass cost?
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 05:23 am
I'd hoped that the tongue-in-cheekiness of the OP would be obvious...
Setanta

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 06:30 am
@FBM,
Some people can be hit over the head with the obvious and still not get it . . .
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 06:33 am
@FBM,
FBM wrote:
I'd hoped that the tongue-in-cheekiness of the OP would be obvious...

Soared right over my head I guess. Oh well. No harm no foul.

I had a huge laugh over the "vase" joke at least.
FBM

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 06:39 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

That made the whole thread worthwhile. Everything else is just icing...
chai2

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 07:02 am
@FBM,
FBM wrote:

oralloy wrote:

That made the whole thread worthwhile. Everything else is just icing...

I cannot take credit for that.

That's the Devine Bette Midler.

As far as the question...

Not to sound like a pollyanna, but I would really have to access how much happier I would be with that money.

From my personal experience, money doesn't make people happier in general, and sometimes the opposite is true. I've known some truly miserable people with money.

I'm happy right were I am financially.

If someone was doing something evil, I'd report them, even if it was my husband (I have no children).
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 08:30 am
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

Quote:

Hmmmm ...

It may seem like you do not have enough money, but your real problem is that you do not have enough friends, and that is because with enough friends you would find you have enough money... People who are insecure about money never have friends... They do have Larve, which is a word from deep Roman history for the spirits of the improperly buried bodies of the dead... The freinds such people can afford, professional spit lickers, cannot be loved nor trusted...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 08:46 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

You are to good to be believed, and that is my way of saying: I don't believe you...

Not everyone is guilty, but none are innocent... Do you set yourself up as judge and jury; or executioner as well??? I mean; why not take the money??? It is not as though you betrayed some one for free...The most wonderful thing about modern society is that no one has to do it all...We may all play our part in our universal demise, but we can all claim only limited responsibility... I only sharpened the blade dear Lord, and I never cut off any heads!!! Our rule by commitee, our actions in concert, our limited participation and liability all encourage an irresponsible manor of living... And you say guilt must be proven to you before you would betray... You have alread condemned millions with every action you have ever taken... That is the nature of life, that life must die for us to live... If this is true for lettuce, or banannas, then why not human beings... Why be nice about it??? Why do we bother to discover guilt when we trouble not to find the circumstances of a persons entire life events??? We are only looking to justify our own actions... We might rather live without judgement concerning our neighbors... What good does it do after all??? Something like columbine happens and the first thing after people start to look for those responsible even though they are not any more responsible for those who acted in hate up to the point where they killed themselves... It is not about finding responsibility but about shifting responsibility on to others... If you cannot live without school administration, or students, you blame the retards who killed massed nembers... It is our only way to avoid knowing that we could have done more...
Linkat

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 10:40 am
@FBM,
Any and all members of A2k (sorry) - except Mame - I'm scared of her.
FBM

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 10:47 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

Any and all members of A2k (sorry) - except Mame - I'm scared of her.

I saw the thread. I was too scared to post there on the off chance that I might say something that annoyed her. Shocked
0 Replies

hamilton

Reply Mon 30 May, 2011 10:44 am
id betray osama bin laden, hitler, should i go on?