What is the program that works in losing weight?

Mon 18 Apr, 2011 12:00 am
I am only 18 and weighing 160 pounds. Yet I am only 5'6 that makes me overweight.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 16 • Views: 3,056 • Replies: 12
Topic Closed

laughoutlood

Mon 18 Apr, 2011 12:03 am
@andrewmike,
Sensible diet and regular exercise and for variety try a regular diet and sensible exercise.
0 Replies

tenderfoot

Mon 23 May, 2011 11:33 pm
@andrewmike,
You are what you eat..... don't eat manufactured foods or take aways, always eat fresh foods and eat everything .... fruit - vegetables - meat - fish, in small amounts, you should always leave the table feeling a little hungry not bloated.
0 Replies

roger

Mon 23 May, 2011 11:40 pm
@andrewmike,
5'6" and 160 is only marginally overweight. Eliminate half a donut at breakfast and quit worrying.
0 Replies

ReidWilson

Wed 22 Jun, 2011 08:58 am
@andrewmike,
Hello,

I think your weight is excess. So you need three things for effect weight loss and these are:
1. Well-balanced diet.
2. Any physical activity that gets your heart pumping faster than normal. And
3. Correct mental attitude.
And the other things. The most important factor is diet, or a better word would be nutrition. In fact, to lose weight is 70% diet and 30% exercise. It is quite simple actually - burn more calories than you consume. Just burn that mantra into your brain. Write it down and stick it wherever you can see it.

Thanks a lot
Reid Wilson
0 Replies

Lizzie Angelina

Wed 20 Jul, 2011 11:41 pm
I think swiming is a good choice
0 Replies

Krumple

Thu 28 Jul, 2011 01:37 am
@andrewmike,
andrewmike wrote:

I am only 18 and weighing 160 pounds. Yet I am only 5'6 that makes me overweight.

My advice, I'm not a nutritionist but I have a diet that works for me. I'm not over weight and I have plenty of energy.

1. Eliminate as much sugar from your diet as you can. This does not mean the sugar in fruits. It means things like, ice cream, candy, desserts, ect. Not only that but make sure the other things you eat are not loaded with sugar to make them taste better, like bread, and other processed foods.

2. Don't drink milk or consume any dairy products. The reason is, they inject cows with hormones to make them produce more milk and meat which in turn you who drink the milk and these chemicals effect you the same way. These hormones will make you fat and damage your metabolism because that is what they effect in cows.

3a. Eat a lot of fruit and veggies. With the veggies try to do them as raw as possible and without toppings, like dressings or cheese (I know cheese was addressed in 2 but needed to be mentioned again.) I eat a large bowl of fruit a day, which consists of 2 bananas, 1 apple, 1 orange, 2 kiwi, about a dozen green and red grapes, and about a half dozen strawberries give or take and finally half of a cantaloupe. All chopped up so they are easy to eat. It makes a nice easy snack too through out the day if you don't want to eat it all at once. You can substitute any that you don't like or more if you like others.

3b. For veggies I make a green leaf salad with no dressing, carrots, cucumbers, tomato, finely chopped broccoli and cauliflower. Occasionally I add in fresh spinach. Try to stay away from frozen veggies, you want them as fresh as possible and the least amount of processing so you get the full fiber content and maximum nutrition. Processed frozen veggies tend to have a break down of their nutrients so they are pretty much only fiber by the time you cook and eat them.

4. I don't eat very much red meat if at all. I mostly stick with free fish that I can trust and poultry.

5. Stay away from grains like corn. Corn is not even processed by your body at all it is pure 100% fiber, so unless you need additional fiber which you probably don't need if you are eating plenty of raw veggies and fruit corn is not necessary at all. It is not even a vegetable like most think that it is. However rice is also a grain but it is far better than corn. But the important thing about rice is to try and get it less processed as possible which means eating the wild grain version which most people have a hard time cooking. Stay away from that instant rice it is nothing but fiber and additives that do nothing good for you.

6. Potato are great for calories if you are very active. If you are not very active stay away from them or eat them only occasionally. Try to eat them less processed as possible, which means stay away from french fries, potato chips ect. If you really must have fries, make them yourself with fresh potatoes and bake them instead of fry or deep fry.

7. Do not drink any soda or fruit drinks. They contain high amounts of salt and sugars which is basically liquid diabetes. Don't do orange juice or anything that comes from a concentrate, like apple juice or grape juice. If you want orange juice, make it yourself with fresh oranges or better yet eat an orange instead. If you can drink only water that you trust and lots of it. It is true that you can have too much water but it takes a LOT to get to that point and most people are dehydrated and don't even know it.

8. Don't do canned food or processed foods if you can make the equivalent yourself. Such as if you like chilli, don't buy it canned, instead make it yourself with beans and what ever else you like in it. Processed canned foods tend to be overloaded with preservatives and salts/sodium. These are not good if you want to have a healthy diet. The preservatives actually cause a lowering of your metabolism which causes you to gain weight because your body will start storing the food you eat as fat instead of using it for energy.

9. Exercise, even if its only walking it is better than nothing because walking stimulates your lymphatic system which lymphatic cancers are on the rise because no one wants to walk anywhere they always drive even if it's fifteen feet. So if you don't want to actually do any sort of aerobic or weight lifting at least do some walking for at the minimum of 20 minutes a day. The more brisk the walk the better but you decide what you are willing to put in. If it's too much you'll not want to do it.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask. I went over this list that I do, pretty quick.
harryson9890

Sat 22 Oct, 2011 05:10 am
Below are the top 10 cardio exercises which burn the most calories in 30 minutes.

1. Step Aerobics - one of the most favorite cardio exercises preferred by women. Step Aerobics mainly target your legs, hips and glutes, and can burn approximately 400 calories in 30 minutes.

2. Bicycling - stationary or outdoors is a great cardio exercises, depending on resistance and speed can but 250 to 500 calories in 30 minutes.

3. Swimming - like cross-country skiing is an excellent cardio exercises as it is a full body exercises. Swimming is a great cross-training for other cardio activities. Doing the breast stroke can burn approximately 400 calories in 30 minutes.

4. Racquetball - side to side sprinting makes racquetball and excellent cardio exercises. A 145-LB person burns over 400 calories in 30 minutes.

5. Rock Climbing - is not only a cardio exercises, but also uses arm and leg strength and power. Rock Climbing can burn up to 380 calories in 30 minutes.

6. Cross-country Skiing - whether on a machine or outdoors on snow, is an incredible cardio exercises as it involves both upper and lower body. A 145 LB person can burn approximately 330 calories in 30 minutes.

7. Running - Running is an excellent cardio exercises because all you need is a pair of quality running shoes. Running burns serious calories. A 145 LB person can easily burn 300 calories in 30 minutes.

8. Elliptical Trainer - is an excellent cardio exercises and a great way to build endurance. A 145 LB person can burn about 300 calories in 30 minutes.

9. Rowing - is both a cardio exercises as well as giving your arms an incredible workout. 145 LB person can burn about 300 calories in 30 minutes.

10. Walking - Brisk walking is a less strenuous form of cardio exercises. Walking can burn up to 180 calories
0 Replies

farmerman

Sat 22 Oct, 2011 07:21 am
@Krumple,
11 Shoot yourswelf in the head because you wont get any pleasure from eating a diet like this one When a doest is all"Thou shalt nots", Its a stupid plan.
Moderation and exercise will help attain a weight equilibrium.
Ive lost 28 pounds in the last 2 years , mostly by eating smaller portions and walking GAILY with some resistance. (I walk in wet bogs, sandy areas, deep snow, etc).

NOW, Ive lost an additional 20 pounds recently due to a sickness. Im almost gaunt so I need to repack some Schpeck on me as I recouperate.
0 Replies

pepsiperfect

Tue 2 Feb, 2016 09:46 am
@andrewmike,
Losing weight is VERY simple, it`s NOT rocket science.

Eat well - you KNOW, cake and chocolate is NOT good for you - use common sense
Move more -whether it is just getting off the bus a stop earlier and walking that little extra. Take the dog out for a walk - really simple things as long as you are MOVING
Live longer - GUARTANTEED benefit !!
0 Replies

syfsupps

Tue 24 May, 2016 02:53 am
@andrewmike,
Eating the right foods and drinks, exercise regularly, drink plenty of water and get enough sleep. If you think the exercises you had aren't enough, try getting a personal trainer to help you on which exercises to do and which foods to eat and avoid. Smile
0 Replies

coluber2001

Tue 24 May, 2016 12:27 pm
@Krumple,
Krumple's dier is sensible. And I think it's easier to not gain weight in the first place than to try to lose it. It's like cigarette smoking.
Moderation sounds like a good idea, but in America that horse has left the stable. Being overweight, obese, prediabetic, and diabetic are becoming the norm.

High carbohydrate foods like sugar, starchy foods (processed corn and wheat, especially wheat, which is high in amylopectin A) all raise blood sugars high. The overabundance of insulin crashes the blood sugar level and you get very hungry again. Meanwhile, much of the glucose in the blood is turned to fat by the insulin.

If you are a little overweight now, wait another 30 years; it doesn't get any easier.
0 Replies

syfsupps

Fri 3 Jun, 2016 09:14 pm
@andrewmike,
There are lots of exercises or workouts if you wanted to lose weight, like walking, jogging, cycling, swimming and other sports that interests you. You can also go to the gym or you can also do some workout at your home even if you don't have an equipment. There are a lot of helpful exercises such as jumping jacks, push-up, planking, burpees, crunches, etc. Aside from your daily exercise, eating the right food and fruits is also essential in losing weight. You have to discipline yourself and resist binge eating.
0 Replies