Repunzel / Tangled

vinsan

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2011 08:07 am
Saw this film few days back (yes very late indeed). Luved it.

A nostalgic Disney Musical. Wonderful animation, fantastic characters, heart-filling story and fabulous music.

What say?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,501 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2011 09:14 am
@vinsan,
I enjoyed it as well - my kids absolutely loved it.

We recently saw Gnomeo and Julliet - kids thought tangeled was significantly better.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2011 11:28 am
Why can't he spell "Rapunzel"?
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2011 02:55 pm
@vinsan,
Agree. Tangled seems like a throwback to 2000 when Disney had it going on. For a while they were pumping out some really great stuff, probably peaking with Tarzan and Mulan. Good to see them back in the saddle.
Green Witch

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2011 03:52 pm
@engineer,
I also enjoyed it, as did the other grown-up I was with. Disney recently announced that it's their last fairy tale. They claim they don't bring in the crowds anymore.
engineer

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2011 05:48 pm
@Green Witch,
That's tragic and also wrong-minded. All of Pixar's films are essentially fairy tales. They all do fine as did Tangled. Disney's problem is that they underwhelm the story.
vinsan

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 09:03 pm
@Green Witch,
Quote:
They claim they don't bring in the crowds anymore.

Oh no! Dont this to us please. Otherwise who is going to give us spectacular musicals and witty characters?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 07:09 am
@engineer,
I think when they say fairy tales it's the Brother's Grimm and Hans Christian Anderson type. I got the impression they want to do more of the Pixar original stories like UP. Partly they claim that boys don't want to see traditional fairy tales, which is why they changed the title from Rapunzel to Tangled, hoping to fool the boys. You would think they make so much money off of that Princess racket that they would be cranking out a princess movie every month of the year. All my nieces went through the princess stage and they weren't even exposed to much Disney. I refused to take them to see the Little Mermaid because the woman agrees to (literally) give up her voice to be with some guy. I am happy to report that none of them are still wearing their princess outfits in college, although one of them did wear her "lucky tiara" when she took her MCATS exam a couple of years ago.
0 Replies