Sense of smell

ossobuco

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 10:49 pm
@Pemerson,
Not being able to taste seems horrible to me, but I suppose I could learn. I'd probably be thinner.. and be happy to get rid of headaches.
be well.
Pemerson

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 11:18 pm
@ossobuco,
Maybe it's not so much a lack of taste as the metalic taste that makes what I'm eating taste different. And, doc said people have to treat migraines. I didn't think it was migrain because I don't get nauseous and have to lie down in a dark room, like my daughter-in-law. Anyhow, I'm happy to be able to go outside when it's hot and sticky or when it's cold and breezy.

Actually it's an anti depressant, but one of those pills that prevents migraine headaches. I suppose all these meds. come with side-effects.

Thanks, you be well, too. At least a lack of smell doesn't make you sick.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 11:29 pm
@Pemerson,
I wish you some alternative..

On my lack of smell making me sick, I'm good on that. So far, but it has been quite a long time.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2010 09:17 am
@ossobuco,
Are you able to taste things? I should go back and read if you said that or not. I thought if you couldn't smell something you couldn't taste it? Might be an old wives' tale. I think I am really starting to see how difficult this must be for you. I am so sorry you have to deal with this.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2010 03:40 pm
@Arella Mae,
I can taste, and yes, we were talking about that on the last page.
Arella Mae

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2010 03:55 pm
@ossobuco,
Oh good! I can imagine it's difficult enough as it is. I am sure you've done plenty of research on this. I hope someone finds some way to help you with it.
0 Replies