What Windows based Software would be Recommended for Cleaning/Filtering Audio?

MrIVI

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2010 09:57 am
I'm cleaning some background noise out of an audio recording. Originally I had used Sony Sound Forge, but I wasn't very impressed with it's quality so I've tried a few different ones. Most recently, I've been using both: AVS Audio Editor and DC LIVE/Forensics Audio Forensics Software, I've found that both produce significantly higher quality with less work, and I'm going to have to upgrade one of them from the trial version to the paid for version though, and I wanted to know what the recommendations are before I pay for anything. In interested in anyone that would have an opinion about one or the other or any other totally different Window or Linux based application. (Not interested in Mac solutions.)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 3,124 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2010 11:23 am
@MrIVI,
It's pretty individual depending on the recording resolution/sampling rate and level of noise of your source material and the sensitivity of your system as well as what the quality of your playback equipment (incl speakers) is/are. For example, if this is for playing back MP3s this might be overkill. Why not use the trial versions and see what works best for you. Then, perhaps, you can come back and advise us.
BillRM

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2010 11:40 am
@MrIVI,
I been happy with Audacity and it is free.

You might find it useful to look at.
MrIVI

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2010 08:56 pm
@Ragman,
Well certainly the best I've used is: DC LIVE/Forensics Audio Forensics Software. Problem is: this cost $1,5000. AVS Audio Editor is better than what I have been using, and only costs $160, but I don't believe it produces high enough quality results. What I'm hoping for is maybe a third party software somewhere nearer to the price of AVS and the quality of DC. (Hey, a man can hope.)
0 Replies

MrIVI

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2010 08:57 pm
@BillRM,
Audacity's great for a free software; but unfortunately not powerful enough for what I need.
0 Replies