Zatoichi, The Blind Swordsman

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 05:23 pm
I'm a huge fan of this Japanese series of movies. Zatoichi, a blind masseuse, Yakuza, and expert swordsman, and a Robin Hood of sorts. Sure, they are old movies, but I love them. Any fans out there?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 924 • Replies: 4
No top replies

colorbook

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 09:02 pm
Sorry, never heard of Zatoichi. On Saturday mornings, when I was a kid I used to watch a Japanese series called Star Man. It was a comedy rip off of Superman. My brothers and I used to laugh so hard because it was dubbed in English and way off sync.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 09:08 pm
We are fortunate in the San Francisco Bay Area, because we have two international tv stations that play Japanese (and other culture) movies and shows. They show mostly recently made movies, but some of subjects include old classic Japanese stories. One of the series on now is about Miyamoto Musashi, the most famous samurai in Japan. I think this is about the third or fourth production about him, but it's always enjoyable to watch.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 09:22 pm
http://www.momii.com/zatoichi/whois.html
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 09:30 pm
Sounds interesting. I've always liked those Robin Hood type movies.
0 Replies