Rainsoft Gold Series Softener Problems

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 10:21 pm
Hi all,

I bought my home in 2oo6, in which it already had a Rain Soft Gold Series Water Softener installed. I recently checked the salt level to find that it had not used any salt in the last 6 months. I emptied the brine tank (with exception to 1.5" of salt and a small amount of risidual water) and ran a manual regeneration cycle. Though I could tell the inlet/outlet valves flowing water at different times, I did not notice any water level change in the brine tank at all. It seemed like water flowed in and then out of the mineral tank, but that was about it.

So, I added 1.5 gallons of water to the brine tank and ran another manual regeneration cycle. Initially, water was sucked out of the brine tank.

Basically, I am not sure if I have an issue or not. The fact that there was not salt usage indicates something is not working properly. Does anyone have any documentation that shows the different steps of the regeneration cycle, how to troubleshoot, etc?

Thanks in advance.

Ryan
[email protected]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,325 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Joethewaterguy

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 05:22 pm
@rjp288524,
the brine tank should start to fill during the first part of the regen, could be a clogged filter in the brine line or a bad switch on the systen
rjp288524

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 12:07 am
@Joethewaterguy,
When the cycle starts, water rushes in from the 3/4" PVC inlet and rushes out of the 1/2" black flex line, which is put down the drain. No water seems to flow out of the 3/4" PVC outlet (located next to the inlet line).

From reading other various posts, I'd have to guess that the piston is not moving and changing position to fill the brine tank. Thoughts?
Joethewaterguy

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 08:01 pm
@rjp288524,
it could be that the seals need to be replaced, it could be that the piston isn't moving, it could be a bad switch, call for service
0 Replies