Time To Boycott EA games?

RexRed

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2012 07:53 pm
Notice the last news story in this news clip.

Children are given the choice in the game if they want to rape Laura Croft of Tomb Raider or show some basic humanity... I have played every Tombraider game since the game franchise started out, I will not be buying this game...

How about a game where we beat on homosexuals and score points like reward pellets in a Pavlov dog experiment? (cynical)

Very very ugly...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2012 12:46 am
Scandalized Generals Bring New Attention To Afghanistan
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/#49814526

I still find these video games insulting. Not the games themselves but the fact that the games are not set in a totally fictional place...

What next? Americans shooting Canadians and/or Mexicans? My boycott of these games still stands... I used to religiously buy these games but I refuse to 'till they become MUCH more fictitious. And how about them revealing our military tactics? Is this not treasonous?!
BillRM

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2012 06:35 am
@RexRed,
Quote:
Americans shooting Canadians

Where could I buy such a game with special note of any war game that allow the re-fighting of the invasion of Canada during either our revolution war or the war of 1812.

Of course a game where we seized the oil sands of Canada would also be interesting to me.

The re-fighting of our war/invasion of Mexico game would not be all that interesting as it would be too hard to set up conditions where we could had lost.
RexRed

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2012 12:52 pm
@BillRM,
Thanks for making my point Bill that there are some people who are part of the problem not the solution. And, the war of 1812 was in response to the U.S. going to Canada and burning out their nation's capital. Once Canada reciprocated and the war ended there were two countries left with their nations capitols decimated many thousands dead yet still both separate countries. You seem eager to participate in pointless exercises of hate... I am thankful I don't live with your world view... Canadians and Mexicans are my friends and neighbors... not people I would ever envision being at war with and/or exploiting for profit. You are apparently pathetic and the lowest form of human life...

Some people will sadly never get it... You are what you eat and likewise what you feed your mind you become...
BillRM

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2012 01:10 pm
@RexRed,
Sorry zero hate when I am playing any war game base on the past or even possible futures.

Almost no one hate Germans or Japaneses when playing WW2 war games and people who nations was on the other side of the conflict sometime play the part of the German or Japaneses in those games.

I had no hard feelings toward either the Canadians or the British forces for the burning of Washington at the time of the 1812 war and you would need to look damn hard to find an American with such feelings.

The whole idea that war games produce hate seems silly on it face.
RexRed

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2012 03:45 pm
@BillRM,
Yes the idea that tossing bombs at your neighbors in a realistic simulation would create any hate is silly (cynical)... Just like republicans are not generally racist silly idea huh? The fact that the republican convention was comprised of nearly all white people is only inconsequential, huh?
Zero hate? More like zero credibility. I assume you callously refer to Arabs as "towel heads" too. And what explains the republican rhetoric of Obama being a Muslim?

2 Corinthians 10:5 KJV
Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment: Casting down imaginations... Once again your "conservative" logic is the worst part of "liberal" and contrary to the biblical logic you claim to believe in. Even liberals are not generally that deluded. One raises a child in an atmosphere of crime and they will have more of a propensity to emulate this behavior. Practice makes perfect doctrines.

If "dark" imaginations were not harmful the biblical writers would not have tired to put the brakes on such behaviors. I don't believe in everything said in the Bible but I do consider that the mind is a habit pattern device. We are creatures of habit. What captivates your thoughts? You claim you do not carry your game ideas into real life but I disagree. I believe you and your party harbor racist animosities and these games feed those hatreds. The only one you are fooling is yourself. Deny all you want but the proof is in the pudding...

Seems harmless and sprightly on the surface but the inner implications are devious at best... I'll stick with Tetris and Scrabble...
BillRM

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2012 05:12 pm
@RexRed,
Poor baby the KKK/tea party fools will exist with or without video games but no person in the history of the world is likely to had been change from a sane person into a tea bagger/KKK member/racist hater due to playing war games videos the whole concept is insane.

Once more reminding me of the silliness of the anti comic books drive with congressional hearings in the 50s when I was growing up that was going to turn children into killers and so on.

What the Nazis government did bring shame to all of mankind let alone the Germen people however the more I find out about the military skills of that period of the German army by reading books or playing war games the more respect I had for that one aspect of the German people.

Killing video Germans or killing allies in playing the German side does not produce hate of any kind.

Second note most of the tea baggers are highly unlikely to had play a video game in their sad lives nor do you see many people of the age most likely to be playing such games at their rallies.
RexRed

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2012 06:47 pm
@BillRM,
Indoctrination comes in many forms... word, audio, visual (example)... Just because you claim to turn a blind eye/ear to it does not negate its presence. It has existed long before the KKK and teabaggers and will continue as long as there are hateful subversives seeking an audience. If I recall comic books were supposedly created by a faction of the left wing trying to turn Americans into commies... And you're right that will never happen. (cynical) And, Fox News is just harmless smoke, mirrors and propaganda they could never convince nearly half of America of their racial hate. (cynical)

John 13:35 KJV
By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 11:08 pm
Now Blizzard Activision have gotten into the mix...

Why can't these game makers just come up with fictitious armies?

Why pit actual countries against each other?

Piting countries against each other in a WAR game is immoral...

I am a huge fan of Blizzard games but this type of war bating crosses the line.

The same goes for EA games and any other game makers.

STOP MAKING REAL ENEMY WAR GAMES!!!!!

Create a fictitious world and kick the military war mongers out of your company...

The words "war" and "game" do not belong in the same sentence...

The very reason why sports were imagined by the Greeks was to try and bring an end to war and usher in an age of reason and peace.

The Romans took sports and athletic games turned them into a "blood sport"... This is the height of decadence and shameful...

This war mongering is not the true meaning of sports and athletics.

competitions not battles

arenas not battlefields

athletes not soldiers

javelins not spears

gear not armaments

competitors not gladiators...

Blue ribbons not medals of honor...

If you absolutely must pedal war please do it on a COMPLETELY fictitious basis...

Again please kick the military out of your company...

Games should not inflame hatreds and create animosity between neighbors...

REAL WAR IS NOT A GAME...

Former Dictator Manuel Noriega Sues 'Call of Duty' Makers
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/former-dictator-manuel-noriega-sues-call-duty-makers-n157636

0 Replies