Garden nude in your backyard? Backyard Gardening Au Naturel Raises Right-To-Privacy Questions

dyslexia

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 10:47 am
gardening in the nude has reached epidemic proportions here in albuquerque. I'm guessing there will be some zoning restrictions in place in the near future. I understand the nude gardening practice began in california and will hit texas and florida before the end of summer. there ought to be a law.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 01:04 pm
We are nudists of a kind. (Meaning he walks around naked all the time - and I enjoy it.) I was raised with a very healthy dose of body shame - and I'm working to relax about it. So, we have ventured out on the terrace nude a few times - and I've been to the nude beach here twice - but kept my bathing suit on - as I like tan lines... I think it must be very freeing to feel comfortable walking around naked....but I also have to remind you people of the Seinfeld episode, wherein his new lover was a nudist - and Jerry became grossed out at the unsexy things she did naked. It's a gamble!
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 03:10 pm
I'm with Chai. It isn't vanity, it is a safety issue.

I learned my lesson as a teenager not to do most chores around the house in the nude. I was in a hurry to get to school and badly burned my stomach with an iron that got too close to the edge of the ironing board while ironing the blouse I was going to wear.
Khethil

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 03:29 pm
Sad that without any ill intention, nudity in ones own yard has become criminalized.

Its truly shameful how we've made illegal our own bodies. We're raised to cover it up, and in so doing, come to believe its only right, proper and 'clean' to 'cover it up'. The cycle perpetuates itself... thousands of years ago this standard was borne and continues today.

Want to make something an "issue"? Hide it! Criminalize it! Enforce penalties. The desire to hide ones self is (when not otherwise necessary) a purely socialized behavior; and one that makes 'unclean' our own selves and exaggerates the visual-sexual element past what it otherwise would be. That being said.. no, I don't wanna see the whales next door either. But I realize they 'why' of this, as I think we all should.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 03:31 pm
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:
I'm with Chai. It isn't vanity, it is a safety issue.
It IS. How can u conceal your weapons ?

David
Gargamel

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 03:56 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Ahem. I have a suggestion, David. But you have me on ignore, so I guess there's no point in offering.
0 Replies

freyanudist

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 11:14 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
cool, garden nude
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 11:19 pm
Gargamel has brightened my morning, reading through all these suddenly revived threads.

Thank you, weird nudist person, for resurrecting some old A2K gold.
0 Replies

HesDeltanCaptain

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2015 06:04 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Depends on where you live. As in this example, most everywhere in the US allows social nudity as long as you're not doing anything overtly sexual (or are physically arroused.) Have heard though in other countries people being busted for being nude indoors but visible through open blinds to passersby on the street. So much depends on where ya are.
0 Replies

Jubby

Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2019 08:18 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
I love to be naked around the house. If I went into garden. I wouldn't be ashamed. I would carry on what ever I was doing. Gardening, watering, swearing. What ever I do I am naked.
Linkat

Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2019 09:11 am
@Jubby,
Jubby wrote:

I love to be naked around the house. If I went into garden. I wouldn't be ashamed. I would carry on what ever I was doing. Gardening, watering, swearing. What ever I do I am naked.

We are all naked underneath our clothes.
0 Replies