The Matrix

alias

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2003 08:58 pm
Cool I wanna hear what you think about the Matrix movies. Any revelations? Any questions? Feel free to share 'em.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,684 • Replies: 18
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2003 09:07 pm
Haven't seen it. It isn't the type of movie that interests me.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2003 09:08 pm
Btw, welcome to A2K. Let us know if you need help finding your way around.

Formatting codes don't work in the thread titles, only in the body of the post.
0 Replies

grottomaster

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2003 11:30 pm
I typically only watch old Sherlock Holmes movies and cheesey slasher flicks... over and over and over. Same flicks. (my favorites: Friday the 13th, part whatever). However, when Columbine went down I heard references to this movie and I went out and rented it. I actually understood it. I was shocked about that.
And honestly, if the sheriff and school authorities watched The Matrix and studied it, they would know why Klebold and Company shot all those people. Not a good reason to shoot people in the real world but, hey, I get it.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2003 11:32 pm
So, what were their motives?
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2003 11:33 pm
Oh,
And how do they parallel The Matrix tilogy?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 12:09 am
first one was great, second one was pretty ordinary, and the third one fell somewhere in between.
0 Replies

RicardoTizon

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 12:33 am
The first one made sense. I rate it a solid 8 on a 1 to 10 scale 10 being the best.

The second one sucks. I rate it a 4.

The third one is OK. Maybe a 6 because of the special effects. It is a little bit dragging. They should have edited it more.
0 Replies

grottomaster

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 12:37 pm
Infrablue, those boys lived in a cyber-world. The whole thing about the so-called "Trenchcoat Mafia" got sparked by The Matrix. (And another movie too but I can't recall the name. It was about that boy and girl who travelled the countryside killing everybody. I rented that one at the same time --- help me out with the name, I want to watch that one again).
Their motive? Just like the movie conveyed... the good guys were really the bad guys. When boys are that age, they buy into some really incredibly stupid concepts. I'm just glad computers and hi-tech movies weren't around when I was growing up. I still feel bad about all those Indians I killed and buried. I thought that they were the bad guys at the time (Thank you, John Wayne) but now I know better.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 07:48 pm
Is the movie you're referring to Natural Born Killers?

Adolescence is a crucial time in everyone's life. It is a time which establishes to a large degree who we will be for the rest of our lives. The fantasies of childhood meld with the revolutionary (especially as concerns the conservatism of one's parents' way of thinking about things, and doing things) concepts and ideas in the world that we begin to encounter in adolescence, and sometimes this proceeds to horrifying ends.
0 Replies

yeahman

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 02:09 pm
the first one is one of my favorite films. the 2nd and 3rd should have been combined into 1 film editing out the drag (mostly from the 2nd one).
0 Replies

Centroles

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 07:01 pm
you should have seperated out the first movie in your poll. Many people including me loved the first movie but hated the next two.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 08:44 pm
Ive got to agree with Centroles....some seperation would be helpful as I think the 1st is one of my all time favorite films, the second fell short, the third shorter. I liked them but, only the 1st rings completely true 'dang fine movie' for me.
0 Replies

xifar

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 12:04 pm
The Matrix should not have been a trilogy. Number 1 was an amazing movie, but the second and third ones were overproduced and boring.
0 Replies

gravy

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 12:36 pm
Ditto on the previous entries.

I watched the other 2 with the knowledge of their mediocrity. I liken it to visiting an old friend you haven't seen in a while, even though they aren't very funny any more.
0 Replies

vroonika

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 04:32 pm
I loved the first film, it was amazing and still is. But when I saw the second part I was bored, something that I did not expect having really enjoyed the first one. As for the last bit of the trilogy, I have yet to see that one partly due to the way that 2nd just irritated me in its crapness in comparison to the matrix. LLike others, i believe it should not have been made into a trilogy, as 'The Matrix' serves well by itself and the following editions ruined the overall Matrix story somewhat.
0 Replies

Alchemist-

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2003 05:47 pm
I love them... not even because the digital effect are amazing, but the story was clever. That's what we need in movies right now... creativity.
0 Replies

couzz

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2004 03:04 am
Matrix 1---Serial in the making

Matrix 2---Style over content

Matrix 3---Did not see it. After viewing Matrix 2,
I did not want to make the same mistake twice
0 Replies

daleliop

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 06:46 am
The Matrix was an enjoyable movie (best "quality" of the 3 in terms of a real film)

I liked the 2nd one. The fight scenes (except for the 100 Smiths, which didn't look very authentic and very CGI) were great - everything from the staircase fight to the freeway chase.

I didn't like 3rd one overall. I thought the plot had many holes, and I'm often not too stringent when it comes to a series of movies that I like. However, I thought the characters had more "character," then the 2nd one...

so, to think about it, the 1st one was probably the best since it had all the good qualities, while the other two had some things better than others (though I did like the 2nd one pretty much).
0 Replies